jdccpa is offline New Member

Default Problem - Browsers automatically connect to a radio station

All-

I have 3 internet browsers: IE, Google and Safari. No matter which one I have open, after a few minutes it will automatically connect to a radio station ( I did not enter a radio stations website). The broadcast stays on for about 30 seconds; then a few minutes later it happens again.

Has anyone heard of this problem? If so, what is the solution to the problem?

Thanks for your help

jdccpa

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I think the first thing you need to do is run an antivirus scan. Maybe some adware has crept onto your system. Check your browser for malicious toolbars or addons too.

Have a look at:
    Free Toolbar Cleaner, Remover, Uninstaller & Removal Tools
    Browser Hijacking and Free Browser Hijacker Removal Tools.

Maybe someone else here has other ideas...

nikhil0082 is offline Beginner

It is possibly because of some Adware.
    Running a Virus Scan is the best solution. You can even try disabling any Addons/ Toolbars that could be the reason why this is Happening.

nikhil0082 is offline Beginner

It is possible because of some adware that has resided in your system.
    A Virus scan would be the perfect solution to this.
    Also see, if there are any toolbars installed in your browsers, which are opening the page.
    Also, you can even find the process which is triggering this adware in your Task Manager and Kill It.

Diss is offline New Member

Seems a browser hijacker.
    It employs various techniques either to redirect some of your URL requests to forged addresses, or even start its own connections without user intervention - most of times when internet activity is detected, as the program attempts to take user's attention (and clicks).

Unfortunately some A/V does not take those minor threats/annoyances very seriously (by default scan parameters...), and I used to use MBAM and Spybot as classic solution for that kind of pup.
    Lately I've seen some of them slipping through the double scan and I started using Hitman Pro (non-free software) for most serious infections, with good results.