sam431 is offline New Member

Default Internet Explorer URL dropdown list has disappeared - now it is blank

Today I noticed that the URL bar of sites I've visited in IE9 (64-bit) is completely empty. For the past 2-3 years or so, it's had the same listing of websites in the dropdown, but now they are gone and it's blank. I did not delete the browsing history or do anything to cause this, so I'm very puzzled.

Some background that might be helpful: This not my personal IE browser. It's accessed within a system through my work network. It opens as the default browser when I click on a pre-set tab within a record-keeping software platform used by my work (a large company). I can also access it by proxy when I am logged in to work from home, by clicking the same tab. For the past 2-3 years, I've been able to access all the URLs in the dropdown, whether logged in from home or at work.

My question is, why is the URL bar suddenly empty, when I know I didn't delete anything or clear any history? I'm wondering if they "timed out" -- is there a time limit on how long IE stores them? Or, Could it be that my workplace's system admin reconfigured/updated some sort of setting, and that's why they're gone?

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks, Sam

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Maybe some junk and traces cleaner cleaned it up.

This may interest you: Manage Internet Explorer address bar auto-complete drop-down lists