GeorgeLaws is offline New Member

Default A Problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab

I have a Gateway Laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack One. It is a 64 bit operating system. 1.7GHZ Processor. 8.00 GB RAM. I have been using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 on a Gateway Computer with Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 and 64 bit.

Recently when I loaded the program it would turn on then shut down and I get this message "A Problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab." I have no control over the page, it keeps opening and closing. The only to stop it s to go to Task Manager and end the program several times.

Any Suggestions on a fix for this problem. It does not matter which page it tries to open. I can only change pages by going the Change Home Page inthe control Panel when IE 11 is not running.

Thanks

George

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Open Internet Explorer in Safe Mode without Addons. Browse some sites. If you find that you do not now face any problems, it means that one of your IE add-ons is creating a problem.

Use the IE Addon manager to disable the add-ons one after the other and try to find the offender. To manage browser add-ons in Internet Explorer, open IE and press Alt+X to open Tools. Here you will see Manage add-ons. Click on it Once you have identified it disable ot remove the addon. Details - Manage Browser add ons..

Run AdwCleaner to see if you have any malicious add-ons installed.

If nothing workw, you may need to Reset Internet Explorer settings to default.