Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: What do you want to see in IE9?

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Default Article: What do you want to see in IE9?

Microsoft is asking its testers what they want to see in the next version of Internet Explorer. The company notes it is currently in the research phase of the development of IE9.

With Internet Explorer 8 out for almost two months now, Microsoft has decided to ask the testers in the now closed Internet Explorer 8 Technical Beta program to start giving suggestions for the next version. IE9 is currently in the research phase, though I'm sure some early builds have already been compiled. This week, the software giant sent an e-mail to its testers with the following information:

So far, there are only 10 suggestions made on the Microsoft Connect IE page:

* IE needs a new JavaScript Engine for better performance
    * Download manager with pause/resume and DL listing
    * Improvement in the way IE Favorites are saved to the way I have them saved them and have them placed in IE but not the the defaulted mode of being placed Alphabetically
    * Build IE 9 with WPF
    * Adding a downloader program to download files and programs like firefox and not using a third party tool
    * Built-in spell checker !
    * Tab drag & drop between windows
    * Open Feed in a new Tab option
    * Bookmark Anywhere On Web Page
    * Support for built in gadgets

Given the amount of flak that Microsoft receives for Internet Explorer, I'm pretty sure these 10 suggestions cannot possibly summarize everything that the company needs to work on. If you were in the beta, go ahead and start making suggestions. If you were not, please post in the comments and I will do my best to get them to Microsoft.

Source

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I'd like a simple 'paste and go' for the address box and the search bar, the way Maxthon, Opera, etc have.

seti is offline Member

I would like themes as you have with firefox, so you could personalise it. Apart from that I agree witheverything else that has been suggested. I am very impressed with IE8 so if MS build upon the improvements there I shall be very happy.........Great post by they way

iMav is offline Gold Member

Rounded corners asking for too much? :|

pyu.agrawal is offline Senior Member

The "Connecting...", when you create new tabs. To what it is "Connecting...", is still is a suspense for me.
    Last edited by pyu.agrawal; 8th May 2009 at 07:26.

iMav is offline Gold Member

^^ Its connecting to 127.0.0.1

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

localhost

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

sometimes when we save any webpage, it show saving webpage progress bar for some heavy pages and in that time we will have to wait till IE completes the storing of page, i think we can use that idle time perfectly if we can browse the other tabs same time instead of waiting, when the page got saved.....

gr277 is offline Beginner

How about a browser that really works properly, without all the accompanying pre release spin......

If Microsoft want to come anywhere near the browser competition, they will have to be a lot more innovative and professional.....otherwise, they will always be playing catch up and keep loosing ground......

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

^what you want to say that Internet Explorer is not a professional browser?? it is developed by a very big team of professional developers, if you don't know then i'll tll you that most of the web developers follow the standards of the IE, it is the most secure web browser till the date and have the most promising and innovative features in it....nothing can beat IE, whether in innovative features and in professionalism and in working, servicing or in any other area.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast