Thread: Windows 7 pricing to be revealed by Mid June

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Default Windows 7 pricing to be revealed by Mid June

According to Neowin, Microsoft plans to reveal the prices of Windows 7 in mid June.As you might now Windows 7 is rumoured to be out by October 23rd as per reports from Acer or to be specific in the holiday season.Paul Thurrot says that the date is October 15th.

According to the NDA schedule on Tech ARP, OEMs are already aware of how much it will cost them to install on new systems and retailers have also been informed of how much the boxed editions will cost them to sell.Dell say that they already have the news about the pricing and also add that the pricing is costlier than Vista.

The schedule details give the announcement date as just a few weeks from now in mid-June.Ars technica had previously said about the leaked pricing list but that news was from a unconfirmed source so that turned false.But if you are a student you should be able to get Windows 7 at a discount or even completely for free.

Source - Tech Mania

rkonit is offline Gold Member

I hope It won't go over Windows Vista.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Accoding to Dell, it will be higher than Vista. In my opinion, MS should keep it as low as possible to make it a big hit.

seti is offline Member

Price should refelct the times that we are in and should be lower than Vista. True some will buy,because it is new but many will hold back and wait until comes down in price.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

yes its gonna be more than Vista...now whos gonna buy it if its pricey ...Common MCFT

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

i think there the price will be more because genuine XP SP3 is also there.......

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

I cant see why MS should sell 7 more than Vista as From XP to vista was a huge advance forward and that was shown in the price of the Vista OS.

Vista to 7 on the other hand isn't so much of a huge advance it's more of a tummy tuck and face lift and this should determine the price.

I like 7 very much and I will upgrade but only if the price meets my budget if its more than £150 or $240 then I will wait if its lower then I will be happy.

It seems though I will have to wait to see.