Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft rebrands its Search Engine as Bing.com

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Lightbulb Microsoft rebrands its Search Engine as Bing.com

Microsoft unveiled Bing, a new Decision Engine and consumer brand, providing customers with a first step in moving beyond search to help make faster, more informed decisions. Bing is specifically designed to build on the benefits of today’s search engines but begins to move beyond this experience with a new approach to user experience and intuitive tools to help customers make better decisions, focusing initially on four key vertical areas: making a purchase decision, planning a trip, researching a health condition or finding a local business.

The result of this new approach is an important beginning for a new and more powerful kind of search service, which Microsoft is calling a Decision Engine, designed to empower people to gain insight and knowledge from the Web, moving more quickly to important decisions. The new service, located at Bing, will begin to roll out over the coming days and will be fully deployed worldwide on Wednesday, June 3 2009.

It is integrated with favorite Microsoft tools like Messenger, Hotmail and MSN, as well as popular sites like FaceBook, so you can search without leaving what you’re already doing online.

While most of the changes will only affect a US audience, this is merely the beginning for users who desire to explore and discover.

Full story: Microsoft Press

pyu.agrawal is offline Senior Member

Discover Bing @ bing & decide

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

doesnt the Bing sound lame....they could have given something else..

seti is offline Member

I was just going to post this with this link:Bing - A better way to search from Microsoft. This really looks exciting and I can't wait for it, although we'll have to do. MS have not only fired a shot across Google, but with Bing they've blown them away!

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thats the great news...few months ago i've posted here, that MS registered some more domain names for its new approach to search......Bing fits fine more than kumo...lets wait for its launch.....i am very much exicted to use it.......
    @ knightrider....
    why MS choose bing, answer is here | Why Bing

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Listen to what Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak had to say about Bing in Woz Bing! Apple Co Founder a "Big Fan" of Microsofts New Search Engine.

Live Search announcement: The sound of found: Bing!

(Alternate name source being passed around Twitter: Bing - But its not Google)

here is another link, Downloads from Bing....

Download Bing Accessories | Bing Downloads

Use a variety of toolbars, gadgets and applications to access Bing directly from your mobile device or computer desktop. Download these tools and the product guide to help you tap into Bing’s potential through your daily activities.

leofelix is offline Member

Will Bing replace Google? mmm
    Let's wait.
    Thank you

i've got some screenshots of Bing.....see, they are interesting....i want it to use eagerly....

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

here is the Bing Virtual Presskit.
    The new service, located at Bing, will roll out over the coming days and will be deployed worldwide on Wed., June 3, 2009.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

I am happy that they have named it as Bing. Kumo was not a good name. And I hope MS will get a good search share with Bing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast