eldergnome is offline New Member

Default Receiving a completely blank email in my Inbox daily

I am receiving a completely blank email in my Inbox daily. I receive this email only once daily. It has no TO, FROM, SUBJECT, or TEXT. There is no information. There is no time stamp, nothing. It deletes easily enough. I have run a virus scan and run MRT with no results to report. I ran the Office Diagnostics from the help menu with no results. I am using XP and Outlook from Office 2007 and no other email program. I receive all email in Outlook (such as Gmail etc.) This is a new problem. I really would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

This is new to me, but it appears that you are not alone in receiving such blank emails.

An interesting read here: Completely blank email

It is my opinion, (based upon more than ten years worth of fighting spam, ten years of running web sites, and extensive research) that these blank emails (in my experience), and millions like them are part of a growing spam problem. These blank email messages represent part of a spammers whitelisting effort. Responses which generate bounce messages permit the spammer to refine his/her recipient list, while the ones that get delivered are marked as valid addressees. These lists are then used by the spammer in his/her own campaign, sold to other spammers, or both.

eldergnome is offline New Member

Thanks for the response HappyAndyK. I also checked the Internet Headers and surprisingly found nothing. I have received three of these emails over the last week. I will just delete them, as opposed to bouncing them. If you hear anymore on this issue please let me know.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Noones ever resolved the issue but almost 90% have been narrowed down to being people replying back as opposed to sending new mail messages. Might want to talk to anyone you have emailed that you haven't gotten a reply back from and see if it may be from them.

Rehana is offline New Member

Its informative update