ukthesis is offline New Member

Default Saved Word document not showing on print preview or printing out

I've constructed a Word 2007 which is fine to look at and it saves fine. But it shows up as BLANK on Print Preview and when I print it out, it's just a blank piece of paper that comes out. Very alarming. (All of the data is in text boxes, and I noticed before that when I insert arrows, for example, they don't print out. Perhaps graphics are the problem? It won't recognise either graphics or text inside graphics) Advise.
    Last edited by ukthesis; 02-02-2011 at 01:51 PM.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

ukthesis is offline New Member

It can't be a printer problem since it also affects Print Preview, which is part of the Word programme. In other words, there's something wrong before it gets to the printer. Other (non-graphics) items print out fine. That also proves its not a damaged Word program.

odeho19 is offline New Member

I'm looking at this issue, and wondering if by chance you're saving the original document "as" the wrong format type, and then trying to pull it up in print preview, and pp is looking for it as a different type? Does that make sense at all? Sorry if that sounds confusing, but it made more sense in my head! :-D

Or is there a problem in your printer queue? Sometimes if I have an issue, (re:a particular document gets hung up for any # of stupid technical reasons) my HP printer software continues to ignore just that one document, and then, after I've tried unsuccessfully to print it several times, there are several copies of it waiting to print "in queue".

Hope some of this helps!
    Odean

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Have you tried running the Office Diagnostics Tool to see if it may be able to repair it:

From the Microsoft Support Page
    Method 1: Run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics feature

To run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics feature from a 2007 Office program, follow these steps:
    1. Start the Office Diagnostics tool. To do this, use either of the following methods:
      • For a menu-based 2007 Office program, click Office Diagnostics on the Help menu.
      • For a ribbon-based 2007 Office program, follow these steps:
        1. <LI type=a>Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Program Options.

Note In this option, Program represents the name of the program.
        2. In the Navigation Pane, click Resource.
        3. Click Diagnose.
    2. Click Continue.
    3. Click Start Diagnostics.

Note If the Office Diagnostics tool identifies a problem, it tries to fix the problem.
    4. When the Office Diagnostics tool completes, click Close.
    Note You can also run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics feature from the Start menu. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. In Windows, click Start
    2. Point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Diagnostics.
    Method 2: Run the Detect and Repair feature

1. Click Start.
    2. If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER:
      appwiz.cpl
      If you are running Windows XP, click Run, copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
      appwiz.cpl
    3. Click the name of the Microsoft Office Edition 2007 that you want to change, and then click Change.
    4. Click the option Repair, and then click Continue.