Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    kunu is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Which is better PHP or ASP ?

Hello

I am planning to develop a website and need to know which is best platform to choose between PHP and ASP ?

as i have learnt till now most say PHP (they say its secure, safe, fast etc.)

Lets assume the website would have 5 million users daily who will interact with each other .....

In that case which platform is best to choose between?
    your valuable suggestion needed.

Thanks

Doug_72 is offline Senior Member

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Personal Thought- ASP.NET

abbot06 is offline New Member

There is no better or worse. Only better or worse for a specific task. But nice try at starting a flame war.

alsvinjhon is offline New Member

PHP is better than ASP because PHP can easily create website and it can make good looking design while ASP is hard language than PHP and also its graphic look is not excellent as PHP. PHP also need less web space than ASP.

manimoor is offline New Member

Hi...ASP and PHP are both programming languages that are commonly used to create websites. Unlike the usual static html web pages, ASP and PHP websites are more dynamic and can allow users to interact and exchange information using the website's databases.

ASP is the short term for Active Server Pages, a type of program that works with Microsoft alongside IIS or Internet Information Server. ASP needs a Microsoft Server for the website to work. On the other, PHP or Hypertext Preprocessor, runs using Linux or Unix server. The more updated PHP programs can now run on an NT server.

PHP programs can also run in Windows, Solaris, Unix and Linux while ASP can only work with Window-based platforms. Just recently, ASP can now run on a Linux platform given that there is an ASP-Apache program installed on its server.

If you were a programmer adept with the C++ language, you would probably be more comfortable using PHP than ASP. PHP uses C/C++ as base language and most syntax are similar to each other. Because a big chunk of programmers are still using C++ language, PHP are by far more popular than ASP.

In conclusion, both PHP and ASP have its own advantages and disadvantages.

My personal request ,you can choose PHP ...PHP is better than ASP.....
    Last edited by manimoor; 10th August 2011 at 10:22.

kristy85 is offline Banned

PHP is usually faster and widely supported with so many webhosts allowing PHP, also there is a wide range of support, easyish to learn as said in the post above, facebook is written in PHP can't think of any site half as big as that written in ASP.NET

christ112 is offline New Member

Both are better, Both are Faster and Both can write any kind of program. Asp.net supports a huge FrameWork and has many built components and has a grate editing environment (VIsual Studio ) through which you can easily write Asp program without worrying about case sensitivity, while PHP editing tool is work such like a notepad. for what a programmer need much strong programming knowledge and syntax.

Carlow is offline Beginner

PHP is best according to mine.PHP is an open source server side scripting language for desiging dynamic web pages and easy to learn.

Thanks a lot,
    Carlow

DustinH is offline Senior Member

It's my personal opinion, but I like PHP better. I'm pretty sure the main reason for this is that is what I learned first and got good at. From a pure functionality standpoint, I don't think it matters too much generally. BUT, you would need to find out what you are looking for, what features your application needs and go for what fits those needs.

It's like asking if a car or truck is better. Well, both are great for getting from point A to B. But, there are way too many variables for getting the job done: are you hauling? Looking for fuel efficient? etc.. You have to find a solution to your problem, not just find a solution without identifying the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last