Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By whs

Thread: Word's word spacing

Robko is offline Beginner

Default Word's word spacing

I have a Word document which I started in versions 97-2003 and now Word 2010 & use a scanner to import text into this document.
    I have earlier today noticed that there are inconsistencies in this document, which I assume started happening since upgrading to Office 2010 (the gaps between these newly scanned words only are slightly extended). I am aware that highlighting the text then selecting condensed (from the font/advanced/spacing dialogue box) will shorten the space; however if I perform this function the entire word will also get condensed making everything harder to read.

Would anyone know how to: Identify the original text layout/configuration (from Word 97-2003 text); and then apply the same settings to the entire document;
    and/or apply the same settings and changes to the source document, to prevent these changes from happening again?

nancy1987 is offline New Member

Maybe you can have a try of format painter?

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Try this: After you scanned the document, treat it with One Note as explained in this video tutorial. Your text ends up on the clipboard which you can now paste into your Word document.

Let me know whether that works - I would be curious.
    J_B_MVP likes this.

J_B_MVP is offline Microsoft MVP

Thanks for that whs. That is an interesting video! It actually works, too. Although the procedure is somewhat different in OneNote 2013 Preview.
    Last edited by J_B_MVP; 15th September 2012 at 14:02.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

You are welcome John. I have not yet tried the 2013 edition. As usual, they probably changed things around.