lindakuzma is offline New Member

Arrow We manage IE with Group Policy. Question is how do I manage other web browsers?

We have been depending on GPOs using Group Policy and Preferences to manage the application/config settings for IE for many years. Now, we are having to offer other web browsers such as Firefox, Chrome and Opera in order to work with a number of cloud applications that don't seem to like IE. In fact the support desks for these cloud apps discourage the use of IE. So now that we offer all of these web browsers to our users, we are desperate for a way to manage the application settings for these browsers and lock them down from a security and managerial point of view. I am assuming that others are doing the same thing. Please tell me how you are managing these browsers and locking them down from users and their curiosity. Thanks so much.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I don't know of any way to manage non-Microsoft software with the Group Policy.

DonBradley is offline New Member

Actually there is a way to manage non-Microsoft software with Group Policy, an application called PolicyPak. It integrates over 100 applications with the Group Policy Management Console so you can manage, deliver and sometimes lockdown the settings for any of these applications. They also offer two modes that are free called Trial Mode and Community Mode. Highly Recommend.