Richie1 is offline New Member

Angry Microsoft Office Pro 2007 OEM install problems

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-Z590U laptop which came with Vista Ultimate (OEM) and with MS Office Pro 2007 (OEM), which I paid for extra.

I have just removed Windows Vista Ultimate (OEM) and replaced it with a full install (not update) of Windows 7 Home Premium (OEM) 32bit.

Everything is working great - BUT...

When I try to download MS Office Pro 2007 (at microsoft.com/office/downloads]Microsoft Office Downloads) using the MS Key I received with the laptop - I get an error message...

'The Office 2007 Product Key provided is not recognized as an eligible product for free download. Please re-enter your Product Key and try again, or check the list of 'eligible products'.

If this does not work, you may be interested in downloading a free trial or purchasing Office 2010 products at...

Trying again gives the same Error Message.

Clicking on the 'eligible products' link - relates only to Office 2010 and has no help with this issue.

I have spent ages searching for information and for a possible 'OEM" version that might work - without success.

Can you please help in any way?

I am a Beginner/intermediate user.

Thanks,
    Guy.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

While I am not sure, I think maybe its a mismatch between your downloaded version and your license key. You have an OEM license. You have to use it on maybe an OEM version of Office (and not a Retail version), so please check if you have downloaded the correct Office 2007 installer. But you should be able to install your Office OEM on the same machine again, as an OEM license is tied to the machine and not to the user.

Here are a few useful Office download links.

Hope some here can come up with a better answer.

BMN
    BMN is offline New Member

Here's a list of Office 2007 downloads from Digital River: heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/51-office-2007-direct-download-links (sorry not allowed to post URL...)
    Either the Office Pro or the Office Pro Hybrid download will probably work.

mikesmrs is offline Beginner