Robko is offline Beginner

Default Preferred font settings won't stick in Word

Can someone tell me (or outline the proper steps) for changing the default font in Word 2010; currently Word defaults with Bold and Italics whenever I open a new document - I want to disable this auto-bold/Italic behaviour.

The three methods I have tried are:

1st: access the Home tab - in the paragraph group click the little downward arrow to reveal the 'set as default' dialogue box - no success.

2nd method: Also on the Home tab, click Change Styles and click on Fonts - there is no option here to turn off/on the bold/italic affects.

3rd method - Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to reveal the Styles dialogue box, scroll down to Normal and click the downward arrow to reveal more options, select modify - the resulting dialogue box has the regular bold/underline/italic options but neither is even selected.

What am I doing wrong?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You seemed to have followed the procedure. This post suggests deleting the Normal.dotm file in C:\Users\<User Name >\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates. Its a hidden file. Maybe this or something else there may help you.