Spooner is offline New Member

Default How to increase Word spacing in Word or Text Editor?

Hi,

Sometimes I compose an informal document and want to use a font I like (could be any of several) but that font doesn't have a lot of space between the words. I'm wondering if there's a way to increase the word spacing so that it displays that way as I type, for better readability (for me).

I think my options are: 1) find an editor that allows for this (or find some hidden combination of settings in Word 2007 that will accomplish it) or 2) as a fall-back option, use Word 2007 (or a text editor with an auto-correct feature) and add an auto-correct entry to insert two spaces where I type one.

FWIW, I found no way to implement option 1, and I tried option 2 in Word 2007 and WriteMonkey (which has an auto-correct feature called 'replacements') but couldn't get the entry to 'take.'

This is obviously not a huge deal -- just a minor annoyance. But I'd like to know if there's a way of resolving it.

And just to be clear, I'm not looking for the text to be 'expanded' (I know how to change those settings in Word). I'm just looking to increase word spacing, not character spacing.

Thanks for any suggestions!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Some suggestions here: Word Tips and Tricks. See if that helps you.

(I do not know much about Word )