Robko is offline Beginner

Default Word crashes randomly. What is the improvement in Word 2013/16?

I am 'Mega-mad' with Microsoft, and everyone posting 'so-called' informative pages onto the web, because as the title here will suggest, nowhere is there a site detailing the comparison in Word 2013/16 which I am wanting to read up on.

I have a big Word 2013 document which randomly crashes (I understand this can't be helped and was no big deal the first few times); but every Word user will agree that crashes at one point become infuriating. I am highly curious to know if I go ahead and upgrade to Office 2016, will Word continue to crash at the same (or reduced) rate and is crashing even addressed by Microsoft.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

The crashing could be due to some installed addon. Run Word in safe mode and troubleshoot. Disable some addons and see. To do this copy-paste winword.exe /a in Start Search box and hit Enter.

A little more information here: Fix: Microsoft Word has stopped working in Windows

There are several improvements in Word 2016 over Word 2013, but as I said your crashings is something which could be fixed.