alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Default Linked IDs - Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 (Beta)

The Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 (Beta) installs the Windows Live ID online provider for Windows 7. This provider enables linking a Windows Live ID to a Windows 7 user account.

Overview

The Windows Live™ ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 (Beta) installs the Windows Live ID online provider for Windows® 7. By making it possible to link a Windows Live ID to a Windows 7 user account, this online provider helps enable Windows 7 applications to deliver great features like sharing documents, pictures, music, and video.

Benefits

Through the online provider, the Sign-in Assistant helps a Windows 7 application running on one computer identify and communicate with other computers that are associated with the same Windows Live ID. Just by linking your Windows Live ID to the user account on each Windows 7 computer you own, you enable those computers to identify each other and work together more easily than has been possible in the past. Applications can take advantage of this capability to support scenarios as in the following example:

• On his homegroup, Bob wants to share certain documents with his wife but not with his kids. Simply by specifying his wife’s Windows Live ID user name, Bob can give his wife exclusive permission to access documents on his computer.

Download - Download details: Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 (Beta)

seti is offline Member

Thanks for this it did take me two reads to fully understand it as I have a live ID which allows me to sign in for all windows live applications and I couldn't a first work out the difference, until I read it through. This is a great idea for those with lap tops or mobile pcs

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thanks for the head up, alsiladka.

ajaypathak is offline Microsoft MVP

thanks buddy for this useful information
    i have one question is this work fine with windows vista as well ?

ajaypathak is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Link Windows 7 User Account to Windows Live ID

Microsoft has released the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 Beta for Windows 7 users enabling them to link their Windows 7 user accounts with Windows Live ID’s. The Windows Live™ ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 (Beta) installs the Windows Live ID online provider for Windows® 7. By making it possible to link a Windows Live ID to a Windows 7 user account, this online provider helps enable Windows 7 applications to deliver great features like sharing documents, pictures, music, and video.

Link Windows7 User Account to Windows Live ID

seti is offline Member

Thanks for this post

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

I have already posted this here - http://www.winvistaclub.com/forum/wi...-6-5-beta.html

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Will delete duplicate posts ...

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thanks for informing about this, from the buid 7057, it is provided by default in W7, i have posted the thread, telling how to use that...