Bogdan_Z is offline Beginner

Question Is there a Windows Live Messenger for mobile phones?

Hey, I was just wondering if there is a Windows Live Messenger application available for regular Java-enabled (not Windows Mobile-based) phones. I have Sony Ericsson Walkman (R) W580i phone, e.g., and would like to chat in WLM, but not in the browser (that's too slow and costly). I would love a Java application that supported smiles, winks, etc.
    Has anyone heard of anything like that?

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan_Z View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering if there is a Windows Live Messenger application available for regular Java-enabled (not Windows Mobile-based) phones. I have Sony Ericsson Walkman (R) W580i phone, e.g., and would like to chat in WLM, but not in the browser (that's too slow and costly). I would love a Java application that supported smiles, winks, etc.
    Has anyone heard of anything like that?
    You'll get the answer from the live site

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Yes, Microsoft has released a downloadable Windows Live Messenger client for mobile phones. You need to select your “Operator”, “Mobile Phone Brand” and model number to start downloading WLM for Mobile. You can then chat with friends, use emoticons, have group chats & send images as well. Also see Windows Live Messenger on your mobile .

Edit : I just read the title and replied. I guess this is not what you are looking for...

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

visit wap.nimbuzz.com or wap.ebuddy.com download and install any of these app on your mobile and then register your live live id there and enjoy the chatting via mobile, they also offer you to configure and use other email accounts there at the same time.... for downloading them via PC visit GetJar: Free Java, Symbian, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Palm and Flash Lite mobile games and applications

iMav is offline Gold Member

There is no installable client, but there is a web-based mim.live.com & if you have a Nokia then you can download the Live Suite.

Access Live Messenger Without The Client | I'm Just Being Manan

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

For Java, i suggest you try Mig33.com , i used to use it in the past. Was good and less data intensive.