How to create Custom Emoticons in Windows Live Messenger
In Windows Live Messenger, you can use Emoticons to represent a certain mood or attitude to your messages. Windows Live Messenger includes a gallery of emoticons that you can use. You can also create your own emoticons, or you can purchase additional emoticons from Messenger.
Creating Custom Emoticons in WLM :
1. In your WLM Conversation Window, Click on “Emoticons button“
2. After that, click on “ Show All “
3. Now, Click on “ Create “ button
4. After that, In First Field, click on “ Find Image” to browse the image file, that you want as a emoticon. ( for example, i have browsed mine TechSurface Logo “ “ )
In Second field, Enter a keyboard shortcut for your emoticon. ( for example here i have used TSL, so whenever i type TSL : the TechSurface logo “ “ will appear )
Atlast, in third field Enter Name for your Emoticon, then click on OK
5. Now, You can find your Newly created Emoticon has been Listed in Emoticon Galley
6. That’s all, you have done. So…Now whenever you type your Custom keyword, you can find your custom emoticon on conversation window.
A nice useful tut. Thanks.
17th August 2009, 11:32 #3
Thanks for the share! Check out SweetIM to explore more fun emoticons to use in your Windows Live messenger. Its really very COOL!
Last edited by HappyAndyK; 17th August 2009 at 12:24.
Reason: link clipped
17th August 2009, 12:25 #4
The sw installs a toolbar. You have no choice to uncheck that option. You have to uninstall it through the cp; plus I think not all its smiley content is appropriate for all ages. One can uninstall the sw through CP however.
19th August 2009, 21:55 #5
Thanks Hari for this useful tutorial....very helpful...
23rd August 2009, 18:02 #6
I like it....thanks for the tutorial