ha14 is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default 10 Years of Windows Live Messenger

Hi

A spokesperson for Microsoft shared some interesting findings with WebProNews from a survey about Windows Live Messenger:

- 71 percent of Americans surveyed have accidentally IMed the wrong person in the past year.

- More than half (59 percent) of Americans surveyed say they’ve shared important news, such as an engagement or promotion, via IM in the past year.

- Nearly a quarter (21 percent) of Americans surveyed use Messenger during business meetings; of those people, roughly 83 percent say they IM "fairly often" during meetings to make after-work plans.

- Even though approximately half [49 percent] of Americans surveyed use the lingo ‘ROFL’ (Rolling on the Floor Laughing) while IMing, one-third of those surveyed would have no idea what ROFL meant if it was IMed to them.

- Now that’s a lot of talk!: In 2000, there were 1 million active Messenger conversations happening at any given time. Today, there are roughly 40 million simultaneous Messenger conversations.
    "Microsoft is committed to continue investing in Messenger and meeting the demands of the large customer base," the spokesperson said. "After listening to customer feedback, Windows Live Messenger added new features in the past year that help Messenger customers communicate and stay in touch with the people they care about most, including simple photo sharing, integration of third-party social networks like Facebook and Flickr, groups to organize your contacts, rich voice and video conversations, and more."

To celebrate Windows Live Messenger's 10th anniversary, Microsoft is giving users celebratory emoticons, display pics and "winks." Starting at 4pm today, users can download the gift and preview key moments in Messenger’s history here.

Windows Live Messenger 10-Year Anniversary

A party plus $10,000 is up for grabs to those who will join the Strip It promo of Windows Live Messenger. The maximum amount to be won by any single contestant is $1,000. Not bad during hard times like these.

1.To participate in the contest, participant needs to put together a comic strip from the online tool given and provide a caption for the comic strip
    2.All entries submitted (”Submission”) must be original, must not have been previously published, released or distributed and must have been created and owned exclusively by the entrant submitting the creation. All Submissions will be posted on a publicly accessible web site during and after the Contest.
    3.Entries will be judged based on the relevance of the entry to the theme “My Ultimate Buddy Party”, relevancy of caption submitted and creativity of each entry.
    4.The written caption could be in either English or the entrant’s predominant local language, be it Malaysia (Bahasa Melayu), Indonesia (Bahasa Indonesia) or Thailand (Thai).
    5.Participant must complete the online entry form by providing a valid Windows Live ID, his/her first and last name as per his passport or ID, city, province of residence and birth date. Once he/she clicks on the “Submit” button, he/she will automatically be registered to participate in the Contest.
    6.There is no limit to the number of submissions each participant can submit provided each entry is unique and original.
    7.The Contest Entry Period begins at 12 AM Singapore time on 21 July, 2009 ends at 11:59 PM local time 13 September, 2009. All entries must be received prior to the close of the Contest Entry Period. Any entry submitted after the deadline will be disqualified.

Windows Live Messenger is 10!
    Last edited by ha14; 25th August 2009 at 08:28.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Yep, Messenger has been growing from strength to strength.

The contest page looks nice, btw. Thanks didnt know about that one!.

leofelix is offline Member

happy 10th anniversary Windows Live Messenger
    (I'm sorry I'm a bit late)

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Happy birthday, WLM. There was a cool gift pack available from WLM site few days back.
    @leofelix
    Don't forget to download the anniversary gift pack

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

I'm not impressed by messenger insisting we all update to the latest version. I don't like it. From next month you will find me exclusively on ICQ

seti is offline Member

Live messenger is the only thing I use and the only thing I will use, because of the link with my eamail.

leofelix is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tweakwindows View Post
    Happy birthday, WLM. There was a cool gift pack available from WLM site few days back.
    @leofelix
    Don't forget to download the anniversary gift pack

Just downloaded thank you tweakwindows

To be honest I use Windows Live Messenger once every 6 months
    Simply 'cause I do not like chatting

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

downloaded them few days ago.....the offer at that website is cool, check that out....in btw...is that available for India also??