12th September 2009, 18:12 #1
Keyboard shortcuts available in Hotmail after Wave 4 M1 release
Lots of keyboard shortcuts, including shortcuts to match both Yahoo and Gmail have been added in the new Hotmail Wave4 M1 release. A new page in Options has been added to choose what type of shortcuts you'd like to use.
To choose the mode of keyboard shortcuts or to turn off keyboard shortcuts, follow these steps:
1. Go to Options.
2. Click More Options.
3. Under Customize your mail, choose Change keyboard shortcuts.
4. Select which mode you'd like to use:
- Turn off keyboard shortcuts
- Hotmail and Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Yahoo! Mail
Note: The Yahoo! Mail and Gmail modes support many of the shortcuts from those services.
5. Click Save.
Here's a full list of the keyboard shortcuts available:
13th September 2009, 06:55 #2
Wave 4 !!! very excited about it.
Here is the list of few major changes:
- Auto Refresh of Inbox: If a user is logged into WebIM, the inbox will automatically refresh after every 60 seconds.
- Auto save Drafts:Emails would be now automatically saved to the drafts folder while a user is composing them after every 3 minutes.
- Keyboard Shortcuts:Lots of keyboard shortcuts has been included.
- Download all attachments:Now users can download multiple attachments together as a single zip file
- WebIM Contact List:Buddy list of online friends now available from the WebIM Dropdown
13th September 2009, 06:58 #3
I saw Live Writer Wave 4, it has the Ribbon UI.
13th September 2009, 07:20 #4
Originally Posted by iMav
do you have any screenshot....?
13th September 2009, 07:49 #5
Unfortunately no. Saw it at an ITPro event.
13th September 2009, 13:32 #6
Ribbon UI? Great! Thanks for the info, friends.