- 7th December 2009, 16:56 #1
Fix false Messenger message : You have 1 invitation
These days I keep getting the: "You have 1 invitation" message. On clicking and visiting the webpage I find that there are no invitations pending.
On searching I found the following:
"Please know that this is a known issue with Windows Live Messenger. Our product group is aware of this and is working diligently for a resolution. The fix is set to be rolled out on the next release of Windows Live Messenger. Unfortunately, our Product Group didn't give the exact date as to when the next release of the program will be."
- 7th December 2009, 17:06 #2
No way...! for me its working fine.
Last edited by rkonit; 3rd January 2010 at 20:04.
- 7th December 2009, 17:11 #3
Yeah I faced it many times !! I thought that i have any pending invitation but it was fake....
Thanks Andy for posting its reason !!
- 22nd June 2010, 15:04 #4How To:
1. First of all close all instances of Windows Live Messenger, then Open Windows Explorer and browse to the folder: %AppData%\Local\Microsoft or C:\Users\AppData\Local\Microsoft
Its hidden folder location, so you may need to enable show hidden and system files. To do so, just follow it.
•In Windows Explorer, Click on the Organize menu, click Folder and Search Options.
•Go to View tab and in the Advanced settings list, select Show hidden files, folders and drives under Hidden Files and Folders.
•Finally click on OK or Apply button to commit changes.
2. Find the folder named Windows Live Contacts and delete it.
3. Now relaunch Windows Live Messenger and sign in, you won’t see those false invitation anymore.