nightshade is offline New Member

Unhappy Windows Live Movie Maker and Music

I'm used to Windows Movie Maker and after my Brother spent the week wanting to give my laptop a system restore and then getting it for minutes when suddenly it needed and emergency system restore I was suspicious, but regardless of this I was pleased at the idea of an updated version of Windows Movie Maker, however it isnt as simple as I thought it would be.

The designers have obviously tried to make it as simple as possible, but I have found no help guide, and so far have found it to be quite the leap from windows movie maker.

the main issue I am having apart from getting used to new ways to trim videos etc, is the issue with music, when I add music, it has added music to fit the length of video im currently using, I wish to add the full song and then trim the song, for example so that I can have the middle of the song. At the minute I only seem to be able to obtain the start of the song, and when I tried to trim the music, it attempted to trim the video despite being in the tab for music.

I'm at a loss, and although I do wish to use this new version, I am currently thinking of going backwards and sticking to Windows Movie Maker as it was much more simple, I liked having a separate section where I could trim videos then drop them into a timeline, I liked being able to visably see where I was adding audio in relation to the video, and although this is the case with the new version, this complication with the music is ruining the experience for me, the old version I feel was much more clear cut and user friendly.

any advice as to how to get a feel for this new version as well as what to do in relation to the music problem would be much appreciated

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

nightshade is offline New Member

Thanks, Having a nosy at them now!