Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    johnrmaier is offline New Member

Default Windows Live Mail Crashes - How to repair or un-install or re- install?

I am running W7Pro on my 2 Thinkpads. T60p has the 32 bit, the T500, the 64 bit. For some reason, WLM won't open on occasion "calendar error". I open as administrator, but all files, etc. go missing!!! There is no provision to uninstall/repair or do anything with LIVE and it can't be re-downloaded as it shows installed. In frustration the lst time, I went into the registry and deleted as many WLM files as I could then site "repaired" it. - some files I couldn't "without TRUSTED authorization"! Who's that? Some *** tech I'd have to pay beaucoup bucks because I'm OEM? GRRR! What good are these un-installable, un-repairable, un-self-healing LIVE programs? Calls got me that LIVE is not a Windows program but an MSN one. A call to the offered number got no help unless one has paid-for MSN... ***'s motto seems to be gouge the little guy for all he's got.
    Last edited by johnrmaier; 28th June 2010 at 09:33.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

You can uninstall them through "Control panel, Programs and features" then re-install via
    Windows Live Essentials

Look for "Windows Live Essentials" in the "Uninstall or change a program" window.
    Last edited by johnny.rotton; 28th June 2010 at 09:45.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You can uninstall it via the Control Panel and selecting Windows Live Essentials.

But now since you have deleted some registry keys, I'm afraid that you would probably be left with a damaged installation.

Try a system restore to a prior 'good time' first and then uninstall it via the control panel.

The reason I resorted to damage the registry was that WLM does NOT figure in the Contol Panel's list of installed progams, nor could it be found via Revo-uninstaller - That's where I first looked to resolve the fact that WLM's "calendar" was corrupted and the program wouldn't open. It DID repair itself once I had removed some files and added Movie Maker, but this Calendar-error crap re-arises and what has a calendar to do with mail, I haven't a clue... My "START" list shows 'Windows Live ID' and the 'Windows Live' dossier where LM and others are. Control Panel's 'Programs...' shows only Windows Live Folder Share. Delete that and ID and more importantly the 'address book' is gone as well...

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Calendar is integrated as part of the Live Mail Console. If your receiving an error with Calendar and it is giving you an error message with a description of error, error code........ and you could post that, it would definately help someone help you. Even a screenshot of the error message would be very helpful. Just saying it crashes without knowing a possible reason, it could be a thousand things.

Main problem is a program which cannot be un-installed/repaired or re-downloaded and overwritten; Error codes? I've spent more than a ˝day chasing those to land @ Google with others (OEM's?) with same plight and NO solution... Now I have an W Update that won't install - «KB982670». I could spend DAYS following the error's links. Only resolution for OEM users is to un/re-install software or put up with error and hope the update superfluous...

Here's the repeating error: (0XE5E0226)

greentech is offline Beginner

run in safe mode uninstall it, and then install it, clean up ur registry keys

Vanflash is offline Beginner

@ johnrmaier. You will just be spinning your wheels to try to uninstall it through the Control Panel. It will not clean it all out. There is still traces left. I have no vested interest in Your Un-installer, but I have found that's the ONLY program that will clean it out and get all traces out of the registry in the event you want to go back and install the ver.14.0.8 which does not contain a calendar in the configuration of the new windows live. Otherwise, you will still be getting the message that theirs a newer version installed and it will not let the older version install.

KewlToyZ is offline New Member

Default Possible registry repair option for installation of WLM

Have you tried Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode?
    It does a registry cleaning, although I'm not sure you want to delete all of the file history too?
    It wouldn't hurt if you backed up the mail data store files.
    Let me know. I periodically have had WLM ribbon crashes when I went to respond to email after waking from sleep.

Specs:
    Sony VAIO VPCF115FM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    500 GB Seagate Hybrid SSD ST95005620AS
    6 GB RAM Samsung DDR3 1333 MHz
    i7 Core Q720 2.8 GHz Turbo
    NVIDIA 1 GB GT 330 With CUDA

Page 1 of 2 12 Last