Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Vanflash is offline Beginner

Default Received Unwanted Live Mail Update.

I am new here so don't know exactly which thread to post in.
    Problem: I had Windows Live Mail (very much like Outlook) ver. 14.0/8. Upon a computer start up one morning, I was surprised to see to see it replaced by Windows Live Essentials Mail. I have no idea how it got updated to this during the night (Microsoft Update?).. Anyway I don't like it. It is too cluttered in the tools.
    How do I uninstall this unwanted Essentials Live Mail, and get my old Windows Live Mail, ver. 14.0 back (if I can find it)?

vasudev is offline Moderator

What you dont like about the newer ver of Windows Live Mail ? The latest ver is WLMail 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.0922) If you are having beta , get the RTW ver -final one. You can configure to make it as much like earlier ver.
    The new ver is much better with many new options.
    many times people dont like the change and may require a bit to adjust to new one, but the new ver is much better.
    If you have Offline installer of earlier ver stored on your PC you can install that after uninstalling the latest one, I'm not sure though if you face any prob installing it. (Dont get some unofficial offline ver, may contain virus. Always get it from Microsoft site.)

Elmer B. is offline Windows Enthusiast

A good reason to either have Auto Updates turned off (manual) or at a minimum always have Auto Updates prompt you before installing updates.
    If you get stuck finding the "old" ver. 14.0/8 Live Mail, let me know, I have an on-line installer downloaded that worked 2 days ago.
    I too find the task-bars too busy but that may be down to the fact that my Live Mail window measures about 3"x4" and sits in the bottom corner of my monitor.

Yes Elmer, I would like to have the information. I hope it will install. I tried one and it told me I already had a later version on my computer, and it wouldn't install. I couldn't get the frigged up one out of the computer. Thanks for the help. Please provide me the information where I can get the older version.
    thanks a million times. I have never found where to turn auto update off except in my Firefox tools, and I didn't know if it affected the mail program or not.
    This new version is the pits.
    Last edited by Vanflash; 23rd October 2010 at 15:35.

vasudev, what don't I like about the new version? Well, it's to busy. There's about forty things I don't use across the top.....very un-necessary to me. Why can't they just be simple like the old Outlook?
    Leave it to MS to screw something good up.

Elmer, I found a web site that I got the old version from. I had to uninstall the ragged new one to install it though. The old version looks like gold, and I am one happy camper. My uninstaller took the new one out slick as a greased whale. Thanks for your input.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Could you share the links, Vanflash?

Default [url=http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2008/12/windows-live-messenger-2009-final.html]

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Could you share the links, Vanflash?
    I would be happy to share it:
    You will have to Copy and Paste in the URL.
    It will not allow me to post the URL. How do we get around this?
    I'll try it in the title block.

I also use (used) "Your Unin-staller" to remove ALL traces of Essentials. I have tried several other uninstallers, and they do not remove everything.

I hope someone will enjoy getting back what they have lost.
    That seemed to work.

You all have a great day!!

It slipped by the first time, I tried editing and got caught.
    What I intended to say was: To copy and paste in the url block, only pick up the "hxxp://filenetworks..........................html" or it won't work.
    This seems like a long way around the barn, but its the only way.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Post the url without the http/www and I will correct it.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last