HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Windows Live Messenger 2011 vs. Messenger for Windows XP

Windows XP users, if you'd like to have a look at how your Messenger compares with the new Windows Live Messenger 2011 for Windows 7 and Vista, you may want to have a look at this chart released by Microsoft.

Thanks meratechport.

bkr3 is offline Windows Enthusiast

Cool Comparison :-)

davidjones2649 is offline Beginner

Good comparison but its a shame they didn't say that Windows Live Messenger 2011 isn't ready yet. I've downloaded it and installed it 3 times and am about to give up and go back to old fashioned Messenger

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I agree even at times I face issues. For instance I am STILL unable to drag and move the main Messenger window. It just stays fixed in the center of my desktop!

vasudev is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by davidjones2649 View Post
    Good comparison but its a shame they didn't say that Windows Live Messenger 2011 isn't ready yet. I've downloaded it and installed it 3 times and am about to give up and go back to old fashioned Messenger
    Hi david , which features you dont like?
    The NEw messenger 2011 starts with the new Full view , whcih I think people used to old view may not like.
    But you can switch back to compact view from the provided top right option.
    After switching, try it again and you will start liking it.

Microsoft should have made that option a bit more prominent.

davidjones2649 is offline Beginner

Its not that there is any one thing that I don't like. Everything has to change and I can live with that. What I do object to very strongly is having the new version almost forced upon me through Windows Updates, finding that it won't install properly and having to repeat the install manually. Then I keep getting messages that "Windows Live Essentials Beta has stopped working". Now to my mind I have either gor a BETA (which I never bother with) or I've got a finished product.
    Although I am shown as a Beginner on this forum I have spentmany years using and testing software through Alpha, Beta and final product stages. This Live Essentials Issue is flawed. Sorry to get on my high horse but it has really got to me.

ericstout is offline New Member

Is anyone having trouble with "Winks"? If I try to send one it asks me to install Adobe Flash Player and leads to to a link that does not exist?

cassiel is offline New Member

Default Problem help fast!

I instaled the new live messenger on my pc , i have XP and now i cant use it or delete it ... i tried to instal older version but it doesnt allow me :S , i cant find it nowhere on my pc , can some one help me fast ??
    TNX !