Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    ador palad is offline New Member

Default Problem with Windows Live Movie Maker

G'day. Due to some problem with my pc, I had to re-install Windows 7 and Windows Live Essentials yesterday. Prior to yesterday, I had no problem with Windows Live Movie Maker when splitting video clips. Now when I try to split a video clip on the storyboard, the frames freeze as I move the vertical line. This makes splitting the video clip at the right spot a bit of a guess work. Can someone please tell me how I can make the frames on the storyboard play smoothly again as I move the vertical line? Your assistance will be most appreciated. Thanks and best regards.

vasudev is offline Moderator

It might be some drivers or codecs which you might have added earlier and now after reinstalling not added. How's is graphics playing after reinstall? Check playing various formats.
    Please check and install the latest graphics drivers. I dont think any extra codecs needed unless you are handling some other formats. Also run your WEI once (Win key+PauseBreak) just to check the scores and compare if anything has been affected.
    Also make sure all your Windows 7 updates are latest. Also install the latest ver of Windows Live Essentials 2011.

Hi Vasu. Thanks a lot for the quick response. I really appreciate it. The graphics are okay after the reinstall. I will follow your advice and let you know the result. Best regards.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I use this method: Windows Live Movie Maker - Edit Video - Windows 7 Forums It is easy and I never had problems with it.

Hi whs. Thanks for the link. That's exactly what I was doing before the reinstall. Somehow, the story board has stopped to be as responsive thereafter. Regards.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

The only other thing I can suggest is the usual general trouble shooting - run sfc /scannow in cmd, stop the startup programs for a test and see whether the culprit is there. Else a repair install is another option.

Hi WHS. Everything is working fine now. Cheers.

vasudev is offline Moderator

Nice to see your problem resolved, ador.
    Was it scannow or repair install or something else did the trick?

Hi Vasudev. No, I did not have the chance to try either since the problem somehow resolved itself (not fully though). My son will come tomorrow to help me try scannow or repair install. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your response and regards.

Gonji is offline New Member

Hello, I had to re-install Vista and Windows Live Essentials today. I had no problem with Windows Live Movie Maker when splitting video clips until upgrade Window Live Essentials. I am not happy because when I try to split a video clip on the storyboard and the frames frozen in same storyboard and sometime jump 1-2 seconds and also frozen at the end of length. How can I solve this problem? Is there any old Window Live Movie Maker version download link available? Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last