AHS0 is offline Senior Member

Default WLM 2011 stopped responding.

My friend sent me an sceenshot, via WLM, and then WLM stopped working ,before I am able to see the screenshot. That time I had problem with my internet connection and website wouldn't load up.
    Then I asked my friend who was online to tell me if he can open the website. He told me yes, and as he was going to send me the screenshot, WLM stopped working in between receiving the screenshot.

When WLM stopped working, then the other open windows, also stopped working after a bit while. Finally I got a bright screen, a white one on my desktop. Mouse was moving well, but ctrl+alt+del wasn't working. Only Alt+Esc was working. Waited for about 15 min

Do you think its because he sent a large sceenshot maybe and that caused wlm not responding, and then it affected the other open windows, thus they also didn't respond?

Or do you think its because of internet connection, that was not working that time. So maybe the reason is not for receiving the screenshot, but for the fact that when he just was sending screenshot for me, I didn't have connection. I remember that time, I couldn't load a page, so asked him if he can load it. Later I noticed that my internet was not working that time. But anyway, I don't see the reason for why WLM should malfunction in case internet is not working and you are about to receive a file?

A friend says that :
    " WLM 2011 is out only for a while
    not strange that maybe some bugs"
    I have the latest WLM 2011 installed by the way.

Thx.

kunu is offline Windows Enthusiast

this problem may be because of some corrupted files (shots) during receiving process and nothing more than that.

but do you encounter same problem (crash) at present also or it was for once only ?

Hi, you mean that the screenshot my friend was sending was corrupted? I don't think so.

Yes, it happened only once, but it was annoying to see that kind of thing in Windows 7. I had to press restart button on the case.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

It is probably more the connection issue more than a WLM issue in my opinion.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

At times WLM 2011 behaves erratically with me too. For instance, most times I cannot move the main window. It stays fixed at the center

kunu is offline Windows Enthusiast

i also encounter such kind of of problems like.... it doesn't Sign in even if there is no problem of connection.

WLM has a lot of problems one encounter now and then. not much to worry

Yes, and I also posted my comments regarding the WLM 2011 on this post.