Davii is offline Beginner

Default Windows Live Mail 2011 - Error message

Windows Live Mail 2011 - Error message

With a new PC I am now using Windows Live Mail 2011 (build 15.4.3538.0513) with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

However each time WLM checks for new messages it ends with the following error message:

Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks.
    Please review the list of errors below for more details.

The Errors pane is blank but the Tasks pane has all tasks Completed except for the last account that was installed. I confirmed that it is always the last account by uninstalling two accounts & reversing the order in which they had previously been installed.

Any idea what the cause of the error is & of course, how to correct it?

Regards

Davii

vasudev is offline Moderator

Very strange error. Can you please post a screenshot. Is there any conflict of language version?
    Meanwhile have you tried reinstalling it? Please uninstall WL Essentials (everything) and do an offline install from http://g.live.com/1rewlive4-all/en/wlsetup-all.exe

Have you configured news accounts to be included when checking mails? Having any nntp news server accounts present in WLM?
    If yes then pl. try this-
    In WLM, clcik on the Newsgroup icon on bottom left (rightmost icon). Right Click each news server account, select ‘Properties’ and uncheck ‘Include this account when checking for new messages’

Please try this . Thanks to Winston , one of my colleague for suggesting this.

Apologies for the late reply - life sometimes gets in the way.

Tried to upload screenshots but the forum won't let me.

Also says I'm not allowed to post URLs so I can't link to Photobucket either.

That's as far as I've got at the moment. I will try removing the news group accounts next & if that doesn't have any effect then I'll uninstall/reinstall.

Thank you for your help & suggestions, much appreciated.

Regards

Davii

Right Click each news server account, select ‘Properties’ and uncheck ‘Include this account when checking for new messages’
    Yes that stops the error message appearing.

Regards

Davii

Screenshots as requested: (still not allowed to upload images)

[IMG]i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy143/dilbert103/WLM-Error1Small.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy143/dilbert103/WLM-Error2edited.jpg[/IMG]

HTH

Regards
    Davii
    Last edited by Davii; 24th September 2011 at 15:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Yes that stops the error message appearing.

Regards

Davii
    Sir, Here you have said that It has stopped the Error messages but later you have posted the screenshots.
    So has it solved or not. Anyway thanks for the Screenshots. You could have just uploaded the images to Skydrive http://skydrive.live.com/ using one of your Hotmail/ Live account and posted the link here.

I think you can once remove the Gmail account from the WLMail and check if you get the error message

I have been trying since my original post to find a way to get the screenshots posted. Normally a new member will be allowed this priviledge after making a certain number of posts - thus my posts may seem out of order.
    I think that you might not have understood that the forum also wouldn't let me post any links starting with http:\\ or www. until I have made a certain (unknown) number of posts.

To summarize:

If I don't allow each news account to check for new messages, it prevents the error message from appearing but I then don't receive any new messages.

All my email accounts, including Gmail (sent a test email), work & update through WLM without any problems despite the error message showing Gmail, status, not completed.

Earlier today I removed the Gmail account from WLM & the error message moved to the next account in the list,

Edit: Added Gmail account & the error message reverted to showing a blank status for Gmail.
    This is what I said in my first post.

Edit 2: Screenshot (removed from earlier post, didn't realise that I couldn't edit it at a later date) :

Regards
    Davii
    Last edited by Davii; 26th September 2011 at 09:47.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Do you have GMail set for password expiration?
    Unfortunately not.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

Regards
    Davii