thegoat54 is offline New Member

Default Can't update or change SMS settings in Windows Live account

I can get into my Windows Live account just fine, all seems well But I cannot setup SMS messages.

When I go into my options I see SMS in the list but I get the error "We can't show you that page. Our server is having a problem".

Anything I can do about it?

I cannot edit my devices either. It always errors out the same way. Its been doing this for days!

I've tried different browsers, different computers, different networks.

I even opened up a new hotmail account and can't access those settings from there either.

I had a friend check on her account on her computer and she is having the same problem.

We both signed up years ago for SMS alerts for MSN messenger. But neither of us have access to update our devices, or phone numbers, or change our notifications.

Could this possibly be due to our location? We are in Ontario, Canada.

I contacted live support via their crappy messaging system with crappy results.

please help! I really want to be able to get SMS notifications when I get certain emails!

Thanks

Fo-
    Last edited by thegoat54; 14th November 2011 at 21:07.

Vanflash is offline Beginner

If I were having your problems, I would completely un-install the Windows Live using Your Uninstaller, then install it again and see if it works. There must be a little hook in there that is preventing it from working right.

vasudev is offline Moderator

If you think there's no problem from your side in using Hotmail, have you contacted your mobile operator and check if there's any blockage from their side.
    So you tried to reset from within Hotmail options?
    Have you tried these links? - Going to https://sms.live.com and add your number again. If you are not able to receive the verification code then
    try configuring account at http://devices.live.com . If still problem persists, try sending the code to some diiferent mobile number on other operator Just to isolate the problem to know if its your Operator related.

vasudev is offline Moderator

And one more thing- as you said "......Could this possibly be due to our location? We are in Ontario, Canada..."
    So have you changed your location to Canada?
    As SMS alerts are limited to some countries only , you have to see if your country is listed when you try the earlier given link https://sms.live.com