klxdrt is offline Beginner

Default Suggestions for PC based email for W7

Hi,

The K.I.S.S. principle has been paramont all my life and it's served me & my famly well.

About 1 1/2 yr ago I switched to W7 and used WLM2009 which worked fine.
    Recently the spam filter became corrupted and I uninstalled WML2009, and tried to download a fresh copy and MS would not allow me.
    Some suggested I download from Filehippo and ran into similar problem.

Outlook, Thunderbird either were too kludgy, overkill, etc. I'm using OE Classic w/Mailwasher, it works; however it's very limited at this time.

I've searched, looked at & read about most of the current crop of email clients. Virtually all of there websites, FAQ and very thin on relevant content.

If I could get WLM2009 to re-install on my PC it would be fine with me.

For 20+ my busn, and personal, etc. email requirements below were more than satisfied with OE 6 which is cannot be used with W7.
    NOTE: both OE6 & WLM2009 met these requirements.

1) Spell chk.

2) Import & export email addr & blocked senders as a CSV. Then save the CVS to a folder on my secure whse for backup.

3) Email addr selected from a drop down box, not my typing then matching.

4) Ability to copy-past and/or select image from HD directly into the body of the email.

5) Ability to view email & images recd whether images were attached or copy-pasted directly in the email body.

6) Attach a file (any type) when I am in my any one of the data warehouses (partitions or external HD) on my PC.

7) Send a web link, etc. thru FF or OE to a colleague or client while doing web research.

8) POP3 & IMAP support.

9) WLM2009 had a built in spam filter. Used Spami with OE6

Is there a site where I could download a version of WLM2009 that would work?

So, if any of you guys have any suggestions or can at least point me in a direction, I will greatly appreciate it.

cheers,

klxdrt

------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

See How to uninstall broken Windows Live Essentials application installations. Once you have done that restart PC and try to install WLM again. maybe it will help.