AJW009 is offline New Member

Default Hotmail Email Account Blocked

Hi,

I was trying to set up my Grandmother's email account on her new iPad to work alongside her iCloud account, as the latter she had no interest in using, as the former had been in use for many years. Unfortunately, my Nanny's list of accounts and passwords are horribly unclear, and any password I tried failed, so I got pegged by outlook as a dodgy person, who needed to prove who they were, on the reset my password button-further complicated by the alternate email and mobile number being wrong too-by providing such information as the last three people who were emailed, and what the subject line was. I failed this, and so by Nanny is now locked out of her email, regardless of device.

With no way of knowing what the password was, or who had been emailed recently-the account was mainly to receive emails-I don't know what to do from here to solve the issue. Any advice would be most welcome for next time I visit Nanny.
    Thanks!!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

reenseal is offline New Member

Message for the administrator..the link posted above helps you reset and password but doesn't seem to help unsuspenan account myoutlooaccount has been suspend and notag I have tried let's me back in. Sometimes it wont accept my perfectly valid UK phone number. Onot the occasions itdoes and I put it the code it brings me right back to the original 'your acount has been suspended' page. I can't go on to Outlook help chat as I need to login to do this.I have tried to open aseconew outlook account to do this but security asks to send a code to my 0hone to prove I am a real person and then it doesn't recognise my number. I am at alos and i neer access to my acount for work. Is there a contact email for help desk.

AJW009 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Try this link:
    Hi Andy,

I've gone through this link however I was told I didn't provide enough information. I'm not going to be able to provide any more information. Where do I go from here??

I am sorry - I have no idea what then ....

andiedb is offline New Member

Similar thing happen to me
    To whoever that might help me

Microsoft has suddlenly blcoked my hotmail and skype accounts (because somebody might have been trying to access my account)

Ive don all the steps for recovering it:
    - Update contact information. The anser is it will be updated in 30 days but meanwhile I would be able to use the account. Well this is not happening. Inmediatly I was transfer to a form
    - Complete the form. Which has some questions I could never remember as both accounts were open ages ago. Actually when they were launched.
    TOday Ive received and email saying that due to the many attemps Ive made completing the form to have some answer, the account was blocked completely because Microdost cares about my privacy (really???)
    Ive been contacted Microsoft by phone (theyve answer microsoft support was for Windows issues, not hotmail or Skype.) unbilievable!
    I really need to get my accounts back enabled

Ill appreciate any help from anybody
    Best
    Andrea