LeeW is offline Gold Member

Default Google Instant Search Launched & How to disable Google Instant Search

Google has launched its Instant Search feature. For anyone interested in the instant search, the page automatically loads results as you are typing a search query. It is meant to make your searching just a tad bit faster.

For those that would like to disable the Instant Search
    First option: When you are typing you can click the Instant is On link beside the search button and you can disable it from there
    Second option: Open Google Search preferences, and select the option Do not use Google Instant

"Now if only there were an option to switch the image searches back to the original style

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I don't like the instant search and somehow would prefer to continue using the old search.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

I agree. Seems Googe in its wisdom to try to add new features is actually pushing people away.

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

First thing's that I have to go to google home page to use instant search. I dont think anyone does that anymore as most browsers have a separate search bar. Also it doesn't support opera which is my default browser. So I'll be using the old styled search for now.

venkat is offline Beginner

@L.w
    Turning off Google Instant is only applied to particular session another way to permanantly turning off google instant is saving those search preferrences to google account.If users don't like Google instant they can try encrypted Google .

If any one interested in setting Google instant as default search engine in firefox,chrome and in IE read
    How to make Google Instant as default Search Engine in Firefox,Google Chrome and in Internet Explorer

bkr3 is offline Windows Enthusiast

i think google instant search is only working in google chrome for me

it's not working in firefox

viewofsoft is offline New Member

google instant search is great, I like it that it can show the result immediately so that I no need to type more words. but it will stop automatically if network slow

viewofsoft is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkr3 View Post
    i think google instant search is only working in google chrome for me

it's not working in firefox
    yes, google instant search also works in FF , my FF works well

Dcal is offline New Member

You can disable the google instant by changing the settings from the top right corner of google.com