vasudev is offline Moderator

Default Zune HD removed mistakenly from its website kills Zune HD !

While updating the Zune website Zune.net , Microsoft omitted the Zune HD device. This mistake triggered the sharp observers to provide obituaries to Zune HD. The twitter world, the net were abuzz with the news of Zune HD being killed. Anyway we may actually see this happen sometime in future with the arrival of Windows ‘Mango‘ Phones. Microsoft realizing this clarified it to be a mistake and updated their site adding the Zune HD devices back again quickly.

I did save the earlier page without the Zune HD, here are the 2 pages -

Source: Zune HD removed mistakenly from its website

And now this news -
    Just couple of hours back, I had blogged about Zune HD removed mistakenly from its website . Though Microsoft said it was an error and again put the Zune devices back on the website, but this page says otherwise -

http://www.zune.net/en-US/support/zuneplayers/supportzuneplayers.htm

Here’s the enlarged view -

It says – “………..We recently announced that, going forward, Windows Phone will be the focus of our mobile music and video strategy, and that we will no longer be producing Zune players. So what does this mean for……………..”
    Still there’s no official announcement but this page couldn’t escape from the sharp eyes of the readers.
    Anyway The Windows Mango phones have arrived and I’m sure that will take over the Zune. I hope the sale and support
    of Zune HD will still continue for some more time. May be the production might have already stopped.

Source: Zune player killed ! This time its official !

This is becoming a joke.
    What’s going on? After removing the Zune HD devices from Zune.net page (Zune HD removed mistakenly from its website ) then it was clarified that it was a mistake . Later within hours people found this at Zune site
    http://www.zune.net/en-US/support/zuneplayers/supportzuneplayers.htm
    “………..We recently announced that, going forward, Windows Phone will be the focus of our mobile music and video strategy, and that we will no longer be producing Zune players. So what does this mean for……………..”
    (Zune player killed ! This time its official !)
    Which again has been said as another Error by Zune Support.
    https://twitter.com/#!/ZuneSupport/status/121354760883421184

And yes http://www.zune.net/en-US/support/zuneplayers/supportzuneplayers.htm
    gives ‘Page Not Found’ .

So why this utter confusion? All this is causing damage to its own reputation. I hope all such things are avoided in future.Anyway Zune HD continues to Live on. Indeed it’s a fine product along with the wonderful Zune Software and services but has to be retired gracefully with the arrival of Windows Mango Phone.(HT to @WithinRafael )
    SOURCE: Zune HD is Alive!! Another Apology for the Error from Zune
    Last edited by vasudev; 5th October 2011 at 04:31.

As you read through this thread you can see there were lots and lots of confusion of whether Zune devices have been stopped officially or not.
    After that I stopped writing about that. Today I was watching Ping- Episode 120 and there the Microsoft Representatives , the show presenters clearly mentioned that the Zune devices were killed referring to the news item. So there were no denials. But the Zune services continues. And indeed one can have all the Zune features on their Windows Mango Phones.
    Check the video for yourself – RIP Zune- Microsoft announcing.wmv - YouTube

(source:Hear it from Microsoft– End of Zune devices )
    Last edited by vasudev; 12th October 2011 at 03:37.