Matrix is offline Senior Member

Default Windows 8 will be largely irrelevant to traditional PC users

Windows 8 will be largely irrelevant to the users of traditional PCs, and we expect effectively no upgrade activity from Windows 7 to Windows 8 in that form factor,Ē according to IDCís prediction document.

IDCís skepticism on uptake isnít out of left field. Other company watchers (including yours truly) have wondered about the applicability of the Metro tiled interface on anything other than a tablet.
    Read more ZDNet.

Personally speaking, I am inclined to agree with this assessment.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Yeah, we are not seeing the whole story yet. We only see an Alpha build. I suggest to wait with the conclusions at least until Beta.

FraserBell is offline Beginner

I was planning to spend some time examining W8 in a Virtual environment, but I watched a colleague already doing so and I have come to the same conclusion, for the time-being.

I will set some time aside in the future, but I am going to wait until some major changes are made before I can reach a final conclusion.

(p.s.: I get a kick out of how, after 31 years providing Tech & Security support, the forum classifies me as a "Beginner". But, I realize that is because I haven't contributed enough valuable posts yet and haven't spammed the board with useless comments just to get my post-count up. )
    Last edited by FraserBell; 6th December 2011 at 03:09.