HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Windows Server 2012 has RTM'd

Like Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 too has been released to manufacturing today. That means the final code is complete and we are delivering it to our hardware and software vendor partners this week. We will also make the software available to our volume licensing customers in the next couple of weeks.

Details: TechNet Blogs.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

I'm actually looking for forward to this than I am to the client version. I need to replace my Server 2008R2 install with 2012 ASAP. There are a few features that I am very interested in, and it will save me money by not having to go with a third party software for the functionality.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DustinH View Post
    I'm actually looking for forward to this than I am to the client version. I need to replace my Server 2008R2 install with 2012 ASAP. There are a few features that I am very interested in, and it will save me money by not having to go with a third party software for the functionality.
    which features ?
    im also using WS2008-R2....

DustinH is offline Senior Member

Drive pooling, resilient file system, NIC teaming built into OS. Those are the three big ones. NIC teaming isn't too big of a deal (HDD's are still a tad too slow with Gb anyway), but running multiple HDD's streaming throughout the house I figure it could help out a little bit. I tend to go overboard as it is (two Gb switches linked with fiber... no reason, no benefit, definitely not out of ports... Just to do it!). Drive pooling is a great feature that I loved with Windows Home Server (v1). I have multiple HDD's that I'd like to pool into one dynamic drive (which is possible in 2008R2), but have redundancy without going with a full RAID setup.