HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default The first Surface Fan to sleep outside the Store

Looks like China and Microsoft Surface fans are getting all set to buy the Surface.A website in China has published some pictures of one such - the first one in fact - who has put up a tent and decided to sleep outside the Store.

Source: CNET??? ????-??????CNET?????

Flatlands is offline Beginner

Should have bought good Android unit, they would have been ahead. MS is late to the party again

DustinH is offline Senior Member

Dedicated Windows 8 fan!

Should have bought an Android unit? Cool. I'd go for it. Which one is the Microsoft Word icon? Excel? OneNote? Hmmmm. This Android doesn't run Office?!

Android powers some great tablets, but there really isn't any definition to them. I've owned some really bad - correction: HORRIBLE - Android powered tablets. One great one. iPad is excellent, too. But, it is still a very limited tablet. The thing I like about Surface (sans RT, which lacks x86) is that I can run legacy Windows applications and things like that - Actiuve Directory admin tools, help desk software, Office... Most desktop applications aren't really geared for a tablet, but the Surface is more of a hybrid with it's keyboard and x86 processor. The fact that I can manage an enterprise network using a tablet is a huge plus. Easier than busting out the laptop (Which isn't that bad, really). Android and iPad have nothing on that. And I really love my iPad.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

The line for Surface outside the NY store becomes big...

Via https://twitter.com/bradoop/status/2...307072/photo/1

More pictures here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/next/arch...es-square.aspx

Flatlands is offline Beginner

Surface is just a toy and I doubt where any serious use of Microsoft Office will be used. I get use of some office products with my SkyDrive app on an Android tablet, but the forms must be on my skydrive already. Also their are many great free office programs guys, not just MS. MS is late to the party on touch screen and will never catch up. Sorry Charlie