Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ultimate Windows Tweaker v 2 : Feedback & Support

joeydrunk is offline New Member

Ive been trying to find a fix to get rid of the shortcut icon arrows on the homescreen icons and found ultimate windows tweaker. I have windows 7 64 bit ultimate by the way. So I downloaded it and ran the .exe file opened it up and the only checkbox in the whole program that was darked out was the "remove arrows" box. It wouldnt let mwe do it. What am I doing wrong? Ive rread other people with 64 bit have done this. If this wont work is there another way either by way of the registry or another way? please help.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Do you have admin powers on the machine?
    Maybe you can run the tweaker as admin and see if it helps.
    make sure you do not seperate out the contents of the downloaded tweaker folder and run the .exe from teh folder itself.
    Works just fine on my x64.

japp is offline Gold Member

I'm getting an error when trying to rename my computer in W7 64-bit Home Premium:

As far as I'm able to see there are no illegal characters in the Computer name.

wernerml is offline New Member

sorry, I know that without apps like these, Windows 7 would be almost impossible to use... but I'm very disapointed... I see lots of "Unhandled exception"s and here I'm getting these too...
    I think this application needs to be re-build from zero... lots lots lots of bugs... =/

but THANKS for this... I had spend hours trying to fix Windows 7 anoyiences... and then UWT was my final solution! ( Microsoft Windows 7 is soooo anoying.... )

dpollock is offline New Member

I have UWT 2.1, Win7, X64, SP1 and IE8. When UWT runs, the 'Internet' option on the left side does nothing at all. What should it do, or does it not like IE9?

Nestor is offline New Member

I have 2 problems with Ultimate Windows Tweaker:
    1 - When I select (or unselect) any items in the Security Settings panel the following key is inserted in my Registry:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run]
    Windows Defender REG_EXPAND_SZ %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
    and then after logoff/logon the Defender window is opening.
    2 - when I select Remove ''-Shortcut'' suffix for new shortcuts in the Additional Tweaks panel it is unselected the next time I open the UWT settings
    I will be very happy to have these two problems solved because UWT is great tool.

emmrecs is offline New Member

Have just downloaded UWT 2.1, an excellent utility which I shall take great pleasure in exploring deeply.

However, like a previous poster I have discovered that the Internet Explorer "tab" does not open any screen and the very useful (for me) ability to make Windows use the full 4 Gig Ram on my 32 bit system seems to have no effect. (Selecting the option>Apply>Restarting: no change, only approx 3.25 is "seen"). Are these behaviours "normal"?

Win 7 Pro 32 Bit, 4Gig Ram, Intel Q9650, IE 9.0.3

Thanks for any help/guidance!
    Last edited by emmrecs; 10-24-2011 at 08:00 PM.

johnstonf is offline New Member

please add the ability to remove the favorites bar

kostenzer is offline New Member

Using Ultimate Windows Tweaker V2.2.0.0 with win 7 gives more to tweak than I have knowledge of.
    I still miss a feature.(or I didn't find it) I like to set keyboard keys to a personalised default.
    Like NumLock on/of, Scroll lock on/of, Insert on/of
    Would you consider this for a next release?

japp is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kostenzer View Post
    Using Ultimate Windows Tweaker V2.2.0.0 with win 7 gives more to tweak than I have knowledge of.
    I still miss a feature.(or I didn't find it) I like to set keyboard keys to a personalised default.
    Like NumLock on/of, Scroll lock on/of, Insert on/of
    Would you consider this for a next release?
    Take a look at this article: The Ultimate Guide To Keyboard Remapping

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast