Page 48 of 48 First ... 38464748
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ultimate Windows Tweaker v 2 : Feedback & Support

Terrypin is offline New Member

Just installed UWT 4.2.1. It seems that the pop-up Help doesn't work? The UI includes this:
    "Just hover over a supported tweak to see its description." But nothing happens here.

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Duh - down to me. sorry! I was expecting the help to appear in a pop-up, close to the option, but I now see it's in afixed position.

(I'd delete my post but see no option to do that, or edit it.)

--

Tile/Cascade Explorer folders
    Not sure I'm using this TWC Forum correctly, so please set me straight if necessary. In particular, is this thread meant to cover all discussion about UWT?

I just posted in the TWC Forum

(Link to it was here for convenience, but for some reason it seems I'm "currently not allowed to post URLs.")

Q: Is there a setting somewhere in UWT that will let me do what I described there please, with screenshots, namely tile or cascade Explorer folders?

--

TikiThorse is offline New Member

Hello, I'm trying to use UTW but I can't because the menu bar on the left is all back and I cannot see the text.
    Any way to get around that? Thanks in advance.

eles is offline New Member

I just found out about UWT 2.2 today and downloaded it. It doesn't work so I went searching for information.
    The UWT 2.2 thread now has 48 pages. It would be nice to have search capabilities in the threads. Lacking that, I started a new one.

I'm running 64 bit Win7 HP SP1 and FireFox 51.
    My problem is siimilar to what Brian49 posted on 7-14-09 except that it involves the entire UWT 2.2 package - not just Network Tweaks.
    When I start UWT, I immediately get an "Unattended exception".
    The details begin with:
    System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class at System.Management.ManagementException
    After I continue through the exception, none of the sections allow me to save changes. Nowhere is there a visible Save button.
    I apologize for not providing a verbose copy of the details. I couldn't figure out how to get one.
    Tell me how and I will provide a copy.
    UWT looks like some great software, I hope to get this solved so I can use it.

Madbiker60 is offline New Member

Post Error Message

Hello;
    Not sure if this is the right place so here goes.

I have used Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.2.2.0 for about a year.

I recently added "Restart Explorer" to my context menu, however when I use it I get the error message that is on the picture provided.

What can I do to correct this?

Please.

WinFried is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Madbiker60 View Post
    however when I use it I get the error message that is on the picture provided.

Please.
    I can see no picture. Can you please re-upload it.

pradeepc is offline New Member

Default Srart orb Options changed to vista instead 7

I have use your Ultimate Windows Tweaker. Then Due to some issue I set setting to default. Noe the issue is my Win 7 PC look has become like Vista. I request you to help for to get it back to win 7.. I am using Windows 7 64 bit...Please help..

Doug_72 is offline Senior Member

Carry out a System Restore to go back to a good point.

caogdin is offline New Member

Exclamation UWT 2.2 for Windows 7 No Longer Works

I've put UWT 2.2 on many systems, and it has been a Godsend for customization. Unfortunately, it no longer works on any properly-updated Windows 7 systems. From my diagnosis, I have pinned the issue on Microsoft's rather cavalier management of the .NET Framework.

Recently, Microsoft distributed .NET Framework v4.7 as a "universal" framework. In their brilliance, Microsoft then DELETED all prior editions of .NET Framework. That's when UWT stopped loading...so I assume it was written with an earlier version (v4.7 wasn't available at that time). Without that library of functions, UWT 2.2 appears to be dead...but there are lots of us who still use and maintain Win 7 systems.

My requests:
    #1: What .NET Framework does UWT 2.2 assume (or am I wrong, altogether?). Microsoft allows us to install older .NET Framework editions, and (unless you re-install .NET Framework 4.7 again) does seem to persist.
    #2: It is worth modifying (or even possible to) modify UWT 2.2 to load .NET Framework 4.7 (or later) so we can revive our functionality?
    #3: Is my analysis wrong, and I simply need to reinstall UWT 2.2 to resolve the issue?

--Carol Anne

Page 48 of 48 First ... 38464748