Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ultimate Windows Tweaker v 2 : Feedback & Support

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Arrow Ultimate Windows Tweaker v 2 : Feedback & Support

Ultimate Windows Tweaker v 2.0 for Windows 7 & Vista, is freeware. Its latest version 2.2 is available for download here.

Your suggestions, bugs reports, feedback or support requests are most welcome here. Its author, Ramesh Kumar, would be happy to help you out, here.

While giving feedback, please mention your OS & IE version. eg Windows 7 / Vista, SP1/SP2, 32/64 bit with IE 9, etc

UPDATE: Ultimate Windows Tweaker 3.0 for Windows 8 has also been released. Support for it is available here.

Ady
    Ady is offline Beginner

Default display resolution using UWT

Thank you for this great tweaker.

Suggestion:

Please add scroll bars or sth similar so UWT could be displayed correctly (entirely) at low display resolutions.

I know most users won't be using 800 x 600 resolution, but low resolution is default for Windows Safe Mode.

In my particular case, I use this resolution by default, and even moving the window to the upper-left corner, the right side and the lower side of the UI are not displayed. So, using this resolution, I can't use several options displayed near the right side border, and I can't click "apply". I even hid the Windows Task Bar, but it was not enough, and there is no method to change the UI window size.

The workaround was to temporarily change the resolution to a higher one, then run UWT, apply the changes, close UWT and return to my usual resolution.

But this workaround could be not an option if running in Windows Safe Mode, or for users with accessibility difficulties.

That's why I would like to request to make UWT somehow fully compatible with low display resolutions (maybe adding horizontal and vertical scroll bars?).

Additional info:
    -Vista Home Basic 32 bits SP1
    -Intel 3100 onboard video
    -17" monitor
    -IE 7
    -currently at 800 x 600, 32 bits colors, 96 DPI

Thank you in advance,
    Ady

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Thanks Ady for suggestion! It's rare to find, ppl are working lower than 1024x768 resolution on Windows Vista/Windows 7. It can be cosidered for future release.

ShyGuy is offline New Member

Post Version 1.2.0.0 LOOKS Nice but doesn't do Anything

Hi,
    Being new to UWT, maybe I am missing something but after installation of this program it does NOTHING

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2 and EVERY Tweek I attempt fails.

I tried even the simplest Tweek, to display the Windows Version on the Deslktop, and I get the same message I get whenever I attempt ANY Tweek.
    That is the error message that the "Value does not fall within the expected range".

What value is there for a check box that asks that the Windows Version to be displayed that it could be out of expected range? What expected range would that be

Unfortunately, the error display box also shows the "Send Error Report" button as greyed out so I am unable to provide any documentation to The Windows Clubhouse to help debug this problem either.

So I have a non-functioning program and no way to provide any documentation of what the problem is. Sorry about that.

I did delete the UWT directory and re-downloaded it again in hopes that something may have gone wrong during the original download but the re-downloaded copy of the program does exactly the same as the original download did.

Any thoughts on how to get UWT working would be greatly appreciated since Windows Vista needs all the tweeking it can get in order to make it more "responsive" than the original is.

I don't even want to think what Windows 7 would be like after living with Vista Ultimate since the first Beta release was issued to me. At the rate Microsoft is "improving" thier operating sysyem, it ought to be ready for human consumption by about the year 2125...

roraniel is offline Gold Member

When you say you "installed" it, what exactly do you mean? This program does not "install" it is a user interface.

I have never run into this problem in Vista or W7. Just for kicks and grins try right clicking it and running as admin.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

As with all of the UWT's love it and thanks for the update... Good work guys. JR

Ganesh is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
    Hi,
    Being new to UWT, maybe I am missing something but after installation of this program it does NOTHING

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2 and EVERY Tweek I attempt fails............................................
    Why don't you try the latest version of UWT ie 2.0

see the change log, i think these bugs are covered because i m too using Windows Vista SP2.

http://www.windowsvalley.com/blog/do...for-windows-7/

alexlob0 is offline New Member

Hi,

This error message is appearing when trying to access the System Performance "tab."
    My system is an Windows 7 Ultimate RC1, Intel Core Quad Q6600 with 8gb DDR2 800mhz memory.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
    at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
    at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatP rovider provider)
    at System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value)
    at v.j()
    at v.k(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add (Control value)
    at w.a(String A_0)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    TweakUI
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Alex%20LoBo/Desktop/UWTv2.0/Ultimate%20Windows%20%20Tweaker.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
    System.ServiceProcess
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceProcess/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.ServiceProcess.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Brian49 is offline New Member

Default Unhandled exception on Network Tweaks page

I am a new user of UWT, running the latest version in Vista Home Basic 32-bit, no SPs, IE8.

Whenever I click on the menu to open the Network Tweaks page, I get an unhandled exception, details given below. If I opt to continue, the page opens, but the Apply button is inactive so that I cannot put any of the tweaks into effect. This issue is specific to the Network Tweaks page - all other pages open and function as they should. I currently have no other problems anywhere on my system.

Please advise me how to deal with this. Many thanks.

Details of unhandled exception:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '99' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value
    at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decim al value)
    at ai.n()
    at ai.f(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add (Control value)
    at w.a(String A_0)
    at w.g(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    TweakUI
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/UW%20Tweaker/Ultimate%20Windows%20Tweaker.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.
    Last edited by Brian49; 07-14-2009 at 07:58 PM.

soumya is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thumbs up Congrats Ramesh, your tool is once again featured in lifehacker!!

Windows only: Ultimate Windows Tweaker adds new features to an already excellent tool for tweaking all of the hidden Windows settings you normally can't access.

We've featured this application here before, but the latest release adds even more useful tweaks like disabling Aero Shake, Snap, or Preview in Windows 7, customizing the amount of items on Jump Lists, and it even automatically removes tweaks that are unavailable for the operating system you are running—so you won't see options that aren't available to you. Since the utility doesn't require installation it also makes for a handy addition to your flash drive toolkit.

lifehacker

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast