Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by idefikir View Post
    I had not used my laptop about 6 months. When I start to use it again I saw that sleep and hibernation do not work they just turned off screen. I thought "hiberfil.sys" could cause this problem and to able to delete it I turned off hibernation in cmd with run as administrator like this "powercfg -h off". After restart I could delete "hiberfil.sys" and reactivate it with run as administrator like this "powercfg -h on". However I do not see hibernate anymore and hibernation and sleep do not work still, check image please what I see.
    ps: not allowed to use url

I google for solution and found FixWin v1.2 then used system file checker utility, create system restore point and in additional fixes enable hibernate and hybrid sleep feature. After restart it did not fix it. Normally I do not use shutting down, use almost every day hibernation also auto wake up with music
    I need your help to fix hibernation and sleep in my windows 7 ultimate 32 bits OS.
    Sincerely.
    Few things to try:

1: Make sure you have updated Video Card Drivers

2: Run a Command Prompt and with the following command: powercfg lastwake
    This will give you a list of items that woke up the computer last and you may can figure out what may be causing it.

3: Run a command Prompt with the following command: powercfg -a . This will list available Sleep states. Check to see if S1 and S3 are listed. This should also display a reason for non available states

3: Check your Bios. Restart Laptop and hit F2 or Delete ( usually what you need to do to enter Bios) as soon as computer starts booting. Should be under Power Options. Make sure S1 and S3 are enabled and make sure Wake on Ring or Wake on Lan are not enabled. Logon and test sleep mode. If afterwards you cannot get the system to wake, turn off the Laptop and pull the battery out for a moment then boot and go back to Bios and reset the Bios back to factory Settings.

4: Last, open up MSConfig, Start Menu\Run\MSConfig and under General Tab uncheck Load Startup items under Selective Startup. Reboot and test Sleep. If this works enable items 1 at a time till you figure out which program may be causing it. If this does not work then reselect Normal Start Up.

Beyond this I have no clue other than checking the power options, screensavers, if you have external mouse or keyboard, check those settings as well.

Hope this helps
    Lee

idefikir is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Few things to try:

1: Make sure you have updated Video Card Drivers

2: Run a Command Prompt and with the following command: powercfg lastwake
    This will give you a list of items that woke up the computer last and you may can figure out what may be causing it.

3: Run a command Prompt with the following command: powercfg -a . This will list available Sleep states. Check to see if S1 and S3 are listed. This should also display a reason for non available states

3: Check your Bios. Restart Laptop and hit F2 or Delete ( usually what you need to do to enter Bios) as soon as computer starts booting. Should be under Power Options. Make sure S1 and S3 are enabled and make sure Wake on Ring or Wake on Lan are not enabled. Logon and test sleep mode. If afterwards you cannot get the system to wake, turn off the Laptop and pull the battery out for a moment then boot and go back to Bios and reset the Bios back to factory Settings.

4: Last, open up MSConfig, Start Menu\Run\MSConfig and under General Tab uncheck Load Startup items under Selective Startup. Reboot and test Sleep. If this works enable items 1 at a time till you figure out which program may be causing it. If this does not work then reselect Normal Start Up.

Beyond this I have no clue other than checking the power options, screensavers, if you have external mouse or keyboard, check those settings as well.

Hope this helps
    Lee
    are these normal?

The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby ( S3 ) Hibernate Hybrid Sleep
    The following sleep states are not available on this system:
    Standby (S1)
    The system firmware does not support this standby state.
    Standby (S2)
    The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Terranaut is offline New Member

Installed FixWin no probs on Win7 x64bit. Ran System Check, restarted and created restore point. Ran Task Manager Fix successfully but still get a message saying Task Manager cannot be found. Any suggestions please.
    Thank you.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Terranaut View Post
    Installed FixWin no probs on Win7 x64bit. Ran System Check, restarted and created restore point. Ran Task Manager Fix successfully but still get a message saying Task Manager cannot be found. Any suggestions please.
    Thank you.
    When you run System Check, "Did FixWin find any inconsistency in Windows files' repository?"

Gerry is offline New Member

Default FixWin Utility

I am referring to the utility on offer through the Windows Club developed by Ramesh Kumar.

I have been looking for a way to reinstall System Restore in Windows 7. I cannot see that the FinWin utility does this. Does anyone have a definitive answer to this question?

TIA

Gerry

willie is offline New Member

Exclamation Win7 Problems

My win7 is going slow and always not responding.
    I don't understand how to use this fixwin properly.
    I have something wrong with my drive C, but i don't know exactly what is it.
    When I startup my computer, it always need to be checked. If , the system check start, it takes a long time almost 12 hours and not completed yet. There are some files that unreadable. I think it was corrupted. So, I just skip it
    Could fixwin fix that problem ? hOw ?
    Thanks be4

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My win7 is going slow and always not responding.
    I don't understand how to use this fixwin properly.
    I have something wrong with my drive C, but i don't know exactly what is it.
    When I startup my computer, it always need to be checked. If , the system check start, it takes a long time almost 12 hours and not completed yet. There are some files that unreadable. I think it was corrupted. So, I just skip it
    Could fixwin fix that problem ? hOw ?
    Thanks be4
    The problem may caused by File System (C: Partition) I suggest to check for Errors.
    Check your hard disk for errors
    It cant be fixed using FIXWIN. FixWin covers or fixes 50 common Windows annoyances & issues of Windows Vista and 7.

FixWin can't help it to re-install System Restore in Windows 7. Its core feature and component of Windows Vista and Windows 7 and can't be unintsalled/re-installed.
    You might have turned off System Restore then you can turn it on by following this video tutorial - Turn System Restore on or off

If you have installed some stripped/vlited/customized version of Windows 7 then Windows re-installation using Retail disc/ISO is the only way to get rid off this problem.

hotlips69 is offline New Member

I totally love FixWin v1.2 and it has saved me several times recently when I've been fixing client's laptops to solve "silly" problems.

My question is if it can be expanded even more to include more "Windows 7 annoyances" ?

A new, slightly expanded version would be appreciated with maybe 100 fixes instead of the current 50 ?

borisbgd is offline New Member

Hello everyone...

Please help me.

I have problem with starting Windows Security Service. I tried everything I found on the internet. Last chance for me is FixWin utility. But, I have problem.

When I start FixWin, I get error message: "C:\FixWin\FixWin.exe A device attached to the system is not functioning."

I tried to find solution for this but without success.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit version.

Thank you very much for help...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast