Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Quick Restore Point Maker for Windows 7

TeXaCo is offline Windows Enthusiast

This is an awesome little app to have. It is very useful for me because of testing out new apps. I was wondering if it is possible to offer a suggestion to add something to this app?

I thought it would be great if there was an option, so that when you clicked it to start the creation of the restore point that it would bring you to the box where you could actually name it what you want and then proceed.

I install a lot of apps to review them and having the restore points with the names "Before ........ Program install" or "After ....... Program install would make this app absolutely perfect. I know not everybody needs this option but for those of us who do, it would be a lifesaver.

Even if it is not possible. It is still a great time saver.

Thanks
    Fcook36 likes this.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeXaCo View Post
    This is an awesome little app to have. It is very useful for me because of testing out new apps. I was wondering if it is possible to offer a suggestion to add something to this app?

I thought it would be great if there was an option, so that when you clicked it to start the creation of the restore point that it would bring you to the box where you could actually name it what you want and then proceed.

I install a lot of apps to review them and having the restore points with the names "Before ........ Program install" or "After ....... Program install would make this app absolutely perfect. I know not everybody needs this option but for those of us who do, it would be a lifesaver.

Even if it is not possible. It is still a great time saver.

Thanks
    I can do that, check back tomorrow I may have it updated by morning (11 PM here now)

Your feedback was the exact reason it was reason. I myself do alot of tweaking, software creations............ and tend to have to rely on going through the hassle of creating restore points each time. Sits in my RocketDock with just a click. I'm glad to see others see it's use like I intended

Created a new separate version with ability to name Restore Point, soon as I get with admin it should be posted
    Last edited by LeeW; 12th February 2010 at 06:04. Reason: Update

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

For those who would like to name their own Restore Points, Quick Restore Maker v2b Customizable, has also been released.

HomePage link remains the same.

Download link.

geeyes is offline Beginner

Nice utility, Thanks for sharing!

Now That!!! is awesome!!!!

Thank you so much for doing that. That makes this utility one of the "Must Have's" for any system. I will be passing this out to everybody I know. What a quick response to.

Thanks again

Cool QRM Plus

Ok everyone, I told myself I wouldn't work on Quick Restore Maker anymore but I'm getting my pep back and have rewritten it along with a few extras.

Right-Click Menu Option
    2 utilites now. QRM and QRM Manager
    List all Restore Points and select which Restore Points you would like to remove (In System Protection your only allowed to delete them all except the newest)
    Create Restore Points (of course)
    Inbuilt option to Restore a machine (Does not require loading System Restore)
    Highlights newest Restore Point

*Debating adding the option to Enable\Disable System Restore

Will be tidying it by today sometime if anyone would like to test it before I release it. If you would like to test it when I get done message me with email and Windows version: Xp,Vista,Server,7 32 or 64 Bit

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Can't believe I missed this... Downloaded and added to dock.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.rotton View Post
    Can't believe I missed this... Downloaded and added to dock.
    Wait for the latest version today. If you like the current version, you'll definately like the new version

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

New version should be live in an hour

Great job L.W. I downloaded it and it works perfectly.

I do miss being able to name the restore points but that's ok, I'll just use version 2 to make the restore point and use the manager to see and restore them.

All this while making multiple other programs and juggling the newborn family life. You da man

TeX

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last