Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Quick Restore Point Maker for Windows 7

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Default September 4th update

I have updated Quick Restore Maker with a few small changes
    • Does not automatically generate Restore Point when the application is opened
    • Name your Restore Point to a custom name
    • Click the Create to generate the Restore Point
    • Restore Points list as Manual
    • Rewrote the progress function to better reflect the time it takes to create the Restore Point
    • Added by request, the option to add the time to the Restore Point name
    • Custom Photoshop CS5 style GUI created.
    Available from the download page is the portable version and also an Installer version which allows you to add the application to your Desktop Right-Click menu

Can still be downloaded from the TWC Freeware page:
    Create a Restore Point with single click in Windows with Quick Restore Point Maker | The Windows Club
    Last edited by LeeW; 4th September 2010 at 22:53.

TeXaCo is offline Windows Enthusiast

Very Nice

Thanks

pscraja is offline New Member

Default Quick restore manager

You have mentioned: "We are pleased to release Quick Restore Point Maker, a smart 1-click freeware app for creating a System Restore Point in Windows 7 & Vista"
    (Ref: By Windows Club| January 7th, 2010)

Can I use this quick restore manager in windows XP prof to manage the restore points?

kindly advise.

pscraja

Quote Originally Posted by pscraja View Post
    You have mentioned: "We are pleased to release Quick Restore Point Maker, a smart 1-click freeware app for creating a System Restore Point in Windows 7 & Vista"
    (Ref: By Windows Club| January 7th, 2010)

Can I use this quick restore manager in windows XP prof to manage the restore points?

kindly advise.

pscraja
    Yes. The program works fine on Windows XP machines as well.

pedr is offline New Member

I think this would be nice if I could get it to work on my Win Xp professional setup. I ran the custom installer (to get the right click facility) but nothing happens. Can anyone advise?

Quote Originally Posted by pedr View Post
    I think this would be nice if I could get it to work on my Win Xp professional setup. I ran the custom installer (to get the right click facility) but nothing happens. Can anyone advise?
    The app was intended for Windows 7 as well as works the same for Vista. The app will run on Windows XP but as far as getting the right-click menu option, it's been awhile since I have used XP but I'm pretty sure the menu's are handled differently. An alternative would be to go to the application folder and create a desktop shortcut.

BatteryOne is offline New Member

I have a problem with it. I see it is making a restore point on one of my drives - but how do I get to that drive to see the restore point?
    My Win7 restorre point was giving me error messages that it couldn't work, so that is why I went to you.
    HELP would really be appreciated. Thanks!! B1

Quote Originally Posted by BatteryOne View Post
    I have a problem with it. I see it is making a restore point on one of my drives - but how do I get to that drive to see the restore point?
    My Win7 restorre point was giving me error messages that it couldn't work, so that is why I went to you.
    HELP would really be appreciated. Thanks!! B1
    Generally to view Restore Points that are created you need to open System Restore and from there you can view the Restore Points that have been created. Another option is using a program like QRM Plus Manager which is another freeware by The Windows Club I created that gives you the option of managing your Restore Points as well as creating Restore Points.

Hopefully this helps
    Lee

jayjay is offline New Member

Default Help with Teh Portalbe version of Quick Restore Point Maker PLEASE

I hope this is the correct place to post my question. I just recenlty download the Portable version of the Quick Restore Point maker and it seemed to work fine. It started I named my RP and clicked create the progress bar did it's deal and then it was done. Then I tried to locate the restore point and I couldn't find it. I looked everywhere I knew or thought to look. Can someone please assit me with this. Im sure Im going to feel total stupid when I get the answer as it was probably under my nose but I just cant seem to located it. I am running XP Home OEM with SP3 IE v6.0.2900.5512.xpsp.080413-2111 thats all that I can think of that you might want to know and then some I guess. Can you please assist me with this?
    Fcook36 likes this.

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last