Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    robertwnielsen is offline Beginner

S'alright!! Glad to be of service (although, feeling like a guinea pig kinda ****s).

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

The updated bits have been uploaded. The download link now points to this new file.

robertwnielsen is offline Beginner

Very cool - and it works perfect. Thanks for another great freeware util (I have the FixIE, FixWin, and FixMSE utils - I think I'll be trying some of your other creations, also.

hfhfh is offline New Member

Hi,

What about supporting XP and Vista? I dont intend to buy 7 OS

Best regards!

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by hfhfh View Post
    Hi,

What about supporting XP and Vista? I dont intend to buy 7 OS

Best regards!
    I am allready working on the next version which will include support for Vista, I may look into support for XP but I am undecided as of now.

hfhfh is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    I am allready working on the next version which will include support for Vista, I may look into support for XP but I am undecided as of now.
    hi, plz do. if my calculation is correct XP is going to last 10 more years thx

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

SMART (Service Management And RealEasy Tweaking) Utility has been updated to v 1.2a and now includes support for Windows Vista and XP too.

Download Link.

Thanks for the wonderful effort LW

If anyone has any errors with the new version please let me know. I couldn't fully test the xp tweaks as I upgraded the Tablet I had XP on to Windows 7 due to some trouble with old drivers. I also added a System Restore function to the new version and I highly recommend that anyone that tweaks their computer create one before doing any tweaking, be it with this application or any other tweaks you may try. With that I hope everyone enjoys the new version with the new added support for XP and Vista.

I may release a Windows Server 2008 edition separate from this one. If anyone would like to see a version let me know. The settings work different for it and more feasible for it's own application

Happy Tweaking

anonymous is offline New Member

Just a question: what happens if you use this program on XP or Vista? And why is the font for the buttons so tiny?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    Just a question: what happens if you use this program on XP or Vista? And why is the font for the buttons so tiny?

The program is compatible with XP SP3, Vista SP2, Windows 7
    32 Bit and 64Bit. Will work on all versions of each OS

The way the application works isn't the same as the registry files that people use. This does not change registry settings. It will search for the services installed and handle them using WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) just as you do if you use the built in Windows Services Console.

I may release a Documentation to show what it searches for in each version to give people a little more insight

The font is the way it is because of button size. I didn't want to create a larger application so I arranged each to be compact as this is a Portable Application. Maybe in a future release I may make it larger but for now it just seemed feasible to keep everything in line the way it is

Also if you are unsure of the application, just to feel safe you can also create a restore point before applying any settings to rollback if you don't like the results

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last