Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Cutez is offline New Member

I am using a strip down version of Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit...
    which i have downloaded here.... thepiratebay.org/torrent/6654807/

web3221 is offline New Member

Default SMART UTILITY 2.0 will not fit my screen, help

i am having the exact problem as the person previously stated, i have 1024x600 on my n10 10.1" inch, and SMART UTILITY WILL NOT FIT MY SCREEN, i have w7 professional - full install oem - i have tried all settings available in PROPERTIES

i have been looking for version 1 but cannot find one,

please help

i also can't minimize, nor maxamize the window, the option is not available

otherwise, this a fantastic time saving utility

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Cutez: Are you and Administrator on your computer? What operating system are you using?
    Last edited by web3221; 17th November 2011 at 23:01.

web3221 is offline New Member

lw, thanks for the reply, and i will be lookin for the new version -when it is available. i found a utility that will put services and registry back to default levels, however smart is much more versatile

Nomad is offline New Member

Im having a rather severe problem with SMART.. Im running Win7 - 64bit. The problem is the application wont start at all.. it just crashes and Windows just says that the application has stopped working.

Ive tried using it in admin mode but that didnt help. any ideas?

thanks

julie_152 is offline New Member

I have a problem with this free program, I keep getting multiple pop up boxes stating system restore is disabled,whenever I click on ok, the program finally, and after about 5 mins later safe settings are finally applied, however that is as far as I can get, the pop up boxes stay on the screen, and I can't then use the program

evilperro is offline New Member

Default Workaround for program not fitting on screen

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnino View Post
    Hi, I dowloaded SMARTv2 and I'm really looking forward to turning it loose on my netbook (Win7 starter), cause with only 1GB or RAM I really need to eliminate the superfluous. Trouble is, when the program opens, I can't see the whole window -- the bottom is missing, most importantly, the buttons. My screen resolution is 1024x600. I tried all the other available resolutions and I tried all the compatibility options in the properties sheet for the program -- I still can't get the buttons. What can I do? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by web3221 View Post
    i am having the exact problem as the person previously stated, i have 1024x600 on my n10 10.1" inch, and SMART UTILITY WILL NOT FIT MY SCREEN, i have w7 professional - full install oem - i have tried all settings available in PROPERTIES
    i have been looking for version 1 but cannot find one,
    please help
    I also can't minimize, nor maxamize the window, the option is not available
    otherwise, this a fantastic time saving utility
    I had this problem as well, so I went to a computer with higher resolution and screen and wrote down how many times to press the different hotkeys, which I’m now sharing here:

Immediately after SMART has been opened hitting TAB
    X times | will select:

1 | “Close” button
    2 |“Apply” button
    3 | “Defaults “button
    4 | The list of different service profiles which are: “Safe tweaks (the most common)”, “Moderate Tweaks (Slightly Advanced)”, “Advanced Tweaks (Only for Advanced Users)”, “Custom (User Defined)”
    5 | “Create Restore Point Before Applying Changes”- checkbox
    6 | "Save List as Custom" button

(selecting the Help icon doesn’t seem to be possible)

So, to achieve our goal of applying a profile we have to:
    Open SMART
    Hit TAB 4 times -> hit the arrow down key
    X amount of times to | select the profile we want:

1 for | “Safe tweaks (the most common)"
    2 for | "Moderate Tweaks (Slightly Advanced)"
    3 for | “Advanced Tweaks (Only for Advanced Users)"
    4 for | “Custom (User Defined)

Then hit tab 4 times, which will select Apply. Now press enter, the popup dialog should be in the center of the screen so you can use the mouse, but just in case it isn't: hit left arrow key, then enter. The service profile will now be applied.

If you need/want to uncheck create system restore point option, right click taskbar -> uncheck lock the task bar. Then hide it by clicking and holding on the edge while drawing it downwards. This will expose the"Create Restore Point Before Applying Changes"- box for you to uncheck.
    Quote Originally Posted by julie_152 View Post
    I have a problem with this free program, I keep getting multiple pop up boxes stating system restore is disabled,whenever I click on ok, the program finally, and after about 5 mins later safe settings are finally applied, however that is as far as I can get, the pop up boxes stay on the screen, and I can't then use the program
    Then disable the create restore point checkbox.

crobertson is offline New Member

Talking SMART v2 Development

Fist I would like to say to whomever developed the SMART V2 utility, It is greatly appreciated. I have 1 request and I don't know if this is the proper forum for it.

I need the ability to save a configuration with a particular name, or rather allow me to open a custom configuration that I have renamed for clarity sake. I have several different modes.
    1. Home user (No network/domain services, logs etc)
    2. network user (stripped down but still can network)
    3. Bare essentials

I know these are already configured, but I have many additional tweaks and they are loaded by several other techs I support. It is used on every computer that we do a new install.
    Currently have batch files which perform the same tasks.

Thanks again, and if this is in the wrong topic, please place it in the correct one. I did a search and found another reference in this topic.

Lonegeek is offline New Member

Default SMART Utility v 2.0 for W10

Will you guys be making a utility for W10 services tweaking?

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345