Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Feedback: Windows 7 Start Button Changer

Rupert2 is offline New Member

Default How do I get rid of Windows 7 Start Orb Changer

I can't find it anywhere. It's installed but it does't appear in the start menu or programs, it doesn't appear in uninstall programs - where the hell is it? I need to restore the original icon.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Our Change Windows 7 Start Orb with Windows 7 Start Button Changer is a portable tool. Simply delete its program folder to remove it.

You may click on Restore original explorer backup button to retsore original start button. You can aslo ryn system file checker later on, if you wish.

Adeilei is offline New Member

Default Not working

Hello,

I have been trying to change my start button but it doesn't seem to be working. I have "taken ownership" of the explorer.exe file, I run the program as admin, I have a tried using both start buttons that come with the download and custom. Each time I select one explorer restarts but the start button remains the same. In the actual program it says I am using the new one yet nothing. I hope you have an answer to this since I just recently found this program and really want to use it!

Regards Adeilei!

Fy.
    Fy. is offline New Member

Default The windows orb changer wont work for me..

Ok so I for the life of me can not get this to work. Here is what I have tried so far. Ensured I have full control (yes). Ensured the program was putting the images in by opening explorer.exe in 7zip. (it is)
    Now the part that really gets me is that it is trying to change it. When I try to change the orb the original orb does disappear just the new image don't show. Keep in mind I have tried four different images that all do the same thing. Also keep in mind that all four images work fine with the program on my fiance's computer which both run the same version of Windows 7. Any help would be great. This is my first post here and I hope I put this in the right spot if not please forgive me.

Run system file checker or sfc /scannow now and restart when the scan is completed.

Run Windows 7 Start Button Changer as admin and see if it helps.

Grig is offline New Member

I can get to change the default, but it stays as the default orb when you hover or click it. This happens for the included orbs as well as my custom made one.

Use system restore to go back if you need to.

Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011