Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Feedback: Windows 7 Start Button Changer

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Rest assured its a false positive by KAV; probably because a system file was being modified.

If you wish to have your default orb back, click on Restore Original Explorer Backup button.

Alternatively, copy-paste sfc /scannow in start search and when it appears in the search result, right click on it and Run As Admin. This will run the System File Checker and replace all corrupted system files with original system files.

julio99 is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Rest assured its a false positive by KAV; probably because a system file was being modified.

If you wish to have your default orb back, click on Restore Original Explorer Backup button.

Alternatively, copy-paste sfc /scannow in start search and when it appears in the search result, right click on it and Run As Admin. This will run the System File Checker and replace all corrupted system files with original system files.
    Thanks for the reply. I figured it was. I used system restore in safe mode to get it back. The first warning I let pass, the second one just made me think too much and I didn't want to be sorry for changing my start orb. It looked really cool too with the 3 smiley changes.

Jal
    Jal is offline Windows Enthusiast

Great work Kishan... really appreciate it

Zecom is offline Beginner

Brilliant work Kishan ! I'm using it now with no problems

Last edited by Zecom; 7th March 2010 at 08:26. Reason: Add screen shot

The Black Manba is offline Beginner

A good tools to have even I do most of my customization with windowsblind and winset.

redblade8 is offline Beginner

Default Need Help With Start Button

Hello, there is a program that I am using that replaces my start menu. It currently supports only the 1st , (not in use state of the start button), and the 2nd , (when the mouse hovers over the button.) It does not use the 3rd state of the button ( when clicked. ) Is it possible to modify windows to not use 2nd state and use just 1st and 3rd? I do not use the 2nd state of the button. ( Or some other way to just use 1st and 3rd states? )
    Many Thanks!!! ^^

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by redblade8 View Post
    Hello, there is a program that I am using that replaces my start menu. It currently supports only the 1st , (not in use state of the start button), and the 2nd , (when the mouse hovers over the button.) It does not use the 3rd state of the button ( when clicked. ) Is it possible to modify windows to not use 2nd state and use just 1st and 3rd? I do not use the 2nd state of the button. ( Or some other way to just use 1st and 3rd states? )
    Many Thanks!!! ^^
    Easiest thing if you are only interested in the 1st and 3rd state would be to edit the images in explorer.exe to only have the 2 you like.
    The images to edit are 6801, 6805 and 6809. Use a resource editor such as Reshacker, Pe Explorer or Restorator 2007 to extract the images. The images show all the states, just replace the second state image

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi, are you using Change Windows 7 Start Orb with Windows 7 Start Button Changer | The Windows Club ? If so I'd like to merge this thread with its Support thread.

redblade8 is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Hi, are you using **********.thewindowsclub.***windows-7-start-button-changer-released]Change Windows 7 Start Orb with Windows 7 Start Button Changer | The Windows Club ? If so I'd like to merge this thread with its Support thread.

Yup, I am using that program , thanks =P

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by redblade8 View Post
    Many Thanks!!! ^^
    Just create your new ORB and let 2nd state intact....and replace with this handy tool...

Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last