Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by gco View Post
    I have3 read all about the right-click extenders but am yet to see how to properly use it on my windows 7 operating system.
    Am new to windoww 7 and I require some assistance.
    Ggco
    Check the options you wish to be available when you right-click a file or folder, desktop, my computer or drives. Checking the icons next to selected option will place an icon next to the options you chose in the right-click menu. Selecting Shift+Click will make the options you select available when you shift right-click. Click apply to apply the menus. When you first rin Right Click Extender it will create a backup of your registry settings, so in the case you would like to revert back to the way you had your right-click menus before using the application you can click restore backup. You can also use the application to create a System Restore Point as an additional backup. Clicking the ?(info) button at bottom right of application will bring up a textfile with a quick explanation of each of the options.

Also, if you run the application and get an unhandled error upon loading, click continue. There have been instances of Windows 7 not creating a default entry for Drives in the registry and it may give an error that from not locatiing it. This is being fixed in the next version getting ready to be released. I hope this helps give you some light on the application. Anymore questions feel free to let me know.

alz
    alz is offline New Member

(Hmm, I posted this yesterday, but it didn't seem to take)

L.W -- fantastic program! So glad I stumbled across it.

One of the readme's mentions a "Copy File Name". But I can't find that in any of the options? (Good idea, btw).

Here's some other ideas that would be great to have and make your program a step above all others:

- Toggling default entries (ie. removing items from the "New..." sub-menu)
    - Ability to create generic sub-menus (and move or place entries into it)
    - Cascading Directories (an option for fixed directories (ie. c:\) or your current folder (all sub-folders and files))
    - Tear-Off Menus (I saw this used with a BB4win "bblean" shell alternative and it blew me away -- any sub-menu you are in can be grabbed at the top and pinned to the desktop like a window. Now you can always have access to that duplicated menu (until you close it of course)
    - Quad Menus (3dsMax has this... it's like have 4 sub-menus visible at the start (NW, NE, SE, SW). Each menu could be a category (Edit, Programs, System, View).

CFI has a very polished Shell Toys program which features a lot of common things as well as smaller one-off programs. While they have a lot, they still lack the above. Take a look at it (they have 45-day trial) to see what they have cooking: shelltoysxp.com

Somewhat related to your native Windows manipulation, check out: classicshell.sourceforge.net. Between his Start Menu and your Context Menu, Windows can become a slick, lean n' mean desktop!

Keep up the fantastic work!

helenchevy is offline New Member

Looking for a "watch" or "subscribe" tab for this forum, so I can get notice of new posts by email. I don't see that function. Does this forum have it? Thanks.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by helenchevy View Post
    Looking for a "watch" or "subscribe" tab for this forum, so I can get notice of new posts by email. I don't see that function. Does this forum have it? Thanks.
    Out of context in this thread but well ... you can follow select forum threads here : Windows Club Forums

helenchevy is offline New Member

Curious about the status of the next release and whether it is still in development. Thanks in advance for any information. We were hoping to have our students use this but need to plan a bit.

Update on next release of Right-Click Extender

Finally got my new keyboard in for my laptop so I am now able to work on projects easily (not so easy writing everything with my graphics tablet), and as such I have begun to work on RCE+ again.

Due to sheer size I have been hitting walls trying to keep the size of the application to a minimum while adding a ton more features and I have finally settled on a solution. I am looking at first week of the New Year for release to Right-Click Extender Plus. As I am constantly working on newer projects, this will be the final release of the application. This is in part due to moving forward with new projects and as the application is freeware I really can't devote daily time to the application and still be allowed to keep it free.

While there are a ton of new features being introduced, I welcome any requests for features to the latest build, be it a menu item to something currently within Windows or maybe an addon program for functions not currently available. If anyone has any requests feel free to send them to me via a message and I will do my best to try to add them.

rhondac is offline New Member

Default Issue with Right Click Extender, "could not create folders for setting".

Hi,
    I installed Right Click Extender yesterday and when running it for the first time I got an error message stating that it "could not create folders" for my settings? I had a look at the readme and how the application creates a copy of the Folder RightClickOptions in C:\Windows\System32 which includes the vbscript files. This is what is actually missing and also why the app isn't working, how can I fix this problem?
    (I am using Windows 7).

Thanks for your help,
    Rhonda

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hello and Welcome !

When you open the application did you Right Click and Run as administrator ? If not do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rhondac View Post
    Hi,
    I installed Right Click Extender yesterday and when running it for the first time I got an error message stating that it "could not create folders" for my settings? I had a look at the readme and how the application creates a copy of the Folder RightClickOptions in C:\Windows\System32 which includes the vbscript files. This is what is actually missing and also why the app isn't working, how can I fix this problem?
    (I am using Windows 7).

Thanks for your help,
    Rhonda
    As Capt Jack mentioned, Right-Click the program and select Run As Administrator. The application is actually coded to run in Elevated Permissions but you may be receiving the message when run on a standard user account.

Optionally you can copy the folder RightClickFiles to your System32 Folder.

When I am able to finally finish the final version this will be handled differently.

TeXaCo is offline Windows Enthusiast

Patiently Waiting

Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last