Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Kishan is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandere View Post
    Ok, so how do I remove all traces of this from my system?

The first time I ran it, it changed all my view settings and has now forced the style of all folder columns to look like the hideous old Windows style ones.

I didn't even touch any of the settings yet, simply just ran the .exe.........
    Merge this registry script: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4024184/uninstall.reg for now. I will add an option to uninstall it in the next update.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MJD View Post
    Thanks for the great software!

Couple things..

Doesn't seem to work on my User folder in Win 7, although I can set it on my Downloads folder (I have not tried others). I do have a Live Mesh folder in my User folder..

Works on my C drive but the apply to sub folder option does not work on the Program Files folders, although it does work on the Windows folder.

The first time I ran it, all my desktop icons were pushed off my main monitor to my secondary monitor on my dual monitor setup.

Would love to get it working on my User folder as its the main folder I use the most. Thanks again for pretty slick app!
    Currently it saves the settings in a file. That's the reason it doesn't work with Library, Computer, Network & all system folders which don't allow you to create any files inside them.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison58 View Post
    hey man... great work on all this software... and the software i've downloaded from your site. Also, I downloaded the door2windows start button and I love it!! i've changed it on a few of my clients computers and they love it as well. I'm sure i'll be installing it on many more computers as well... Thanks for all the hard work you put into these programs. I use them everyday... still would LOVE a portable program to modify Visual Effects on Vista/7
    Glad you liked it.

KaLiBLeeK is offline New Member

Question

The first time I ran it, it changed all my view settings and has now forced the style of all folder columns to look like the hideous old Windows style ones.

I'm having the same issue, even after deleting all traces of the application...and the uninstall.reg fix hasn't corrected the folder view options either. I tried scouring the web for an alternative fix, but so far I've had no luck. Is there any particular "trick" involved in getting the uninstall.reg to work properly?

ularu is offline New Member

I have the same issue, just clicked on the exe and it changed my view in explorer and i cant get it back.
    Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.
    What to do?

Yes, I joined just to ask this question, but isnt nice to have new members? :-)

^^ I will add an option to uninstall it in the next version. Just wait for a day or two.

ok mate , will wait , thanks =)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Windows 7 Folder Background Changer updated to v 1.1 to allow option to uninstall the changes made & restore to original state.

Download latest version from here: Customize & change explorer backgrounds with Windows 7 Folder Background Changer | The Windows Club

That didn't help so i used the reg fix that was posted a few post back, all seems to be ok now .:-)

Mythenial is offline New Member

Nice software... It worked nicely on my win 7 32bit.
    I have a question and suggestions though..

Does this app install specialize .dll or something in my windows 7?
    The reason that I asked this because, if it is, then it breaks all my suggestions below..

Suggestions:
    #1-Relative Path
    Could you make an option that copy and make it set an image with relative path? (like within the folder itself).. so that it can be used in removable drives & network shares..

#2-WinXP Compatibility
    If #1 can be done.. could you make it set image in [ExtShellFolderViews] section too? so that background image can be seen in WinXP (again, useful in network shares)

I have manually set a background image with relative path, and at least it work on my WinXP that are on my network shares, I can see the background image... But, I have not tested it on Win7/WinVista on network shares..
    (thus the question above)

Sidetopic: The relative path trick, I have used it for my folder icon, it makes my folder icon shows up in network shares on WinXP and newer Windows too (given that you set both IconFile & IconResource)..

balcis is offline New Member

Default Reinstall windows

I've just signed to write this comment.

I don't know how but it RUINED my list view (which I use as default view) of Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate. Even I didn't set any backgrounds yet.

Uninstall option, or your uninstall.reg file DIDN'T WORK. I'm thinking about to reinstall Windows 7 because I feel like I'M USING WINDOWS 98 this way. Sadly THIS S*U*C*K*S.

Quote Originally Posted by balcis View Post
    I've just signed to write this comment.

I don't know how but it RUINED my list view (which I use as default view) of Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate. Even I didn't set any backgrounds yet.

Uninstall option, or your uninstall.reg file DIDN'T WORK. I'm thinking about to reinstall Windows 7 because I feel like I'M USING WINDOWS 98 this way.
    Does any error appear when you click Uninstall. If yes then click Continue and press the Uninstall button again. After that restart your PC.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mythenial View Post
    Nice software... It worked nicely on my win 7 32bit.
    I have a question and suggestions though..

Does this app install specialize .dll or something in my windows 7?
    The reason that I asked this because, if it is, then it breaks all my suggestions below..

Suggestions:
    #1-Relative Path
    Could you make an option that copy and make it set an image with relative path? (like within the folder itself).. so that it can be used in removable drives & network shares..

#2-WinXP Compatibility
    If #1 can be done.. could you make it set image in [ExtShellFolderViews] section too? so that background image can be seen in WinXP (again, useful in network shares)

I have manually set a background image with relative path, and at least it work on my WinXP that are on my network shares, I can see the background image... But, I have not tested it on Win7/WinVista on network shares..
    (thus the question above)

Sidetopic: The relative path trick, I have used it for my folder icon, it makes my folder icon shows up in network shares on WinXP and newer Windows too (given that you set both IconFile & IconResource)..
    It registers a dll file to change the background.

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last