Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Kishan is offline Senior Member

Default Feedback : Windows 7 Folder Background Changer

Windows 7 Folder Background Changer is a freeware portable application, developed by me, for TWC.

This app allows you to change the folder backgrounds in Windows 7. You can also change the color of the text and show shadows under the text and even apply the same background to all the subfolders!

If you have any feedback to give, please do so here.

UPDATE: Windows 7 Folder Background Changer updated to v 1.1 to allow option to uninstall the changes made & restore to original state.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Glad you got yours to work. Only problem I see is needs some error handling for registry keys and for the desktop.ini entrys for [aves]. I allready have the registry keys set and have aves bgchanger, when I load yours I get unhandled exception errors creating the registry keys, also instead of editing the string in the desktop.ini for aves, it is just adding another string under it

Morrison58 is offline Beginner

Doesnt work for me... and I get an error on start up

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Run it as Admin.

When you get the above error, click on Continue.

Let me know how it goes for you.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Run it as Admin.

When you get the above error, click on Continue.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Ok, so after playing around with this for a little while... After selecting the new image for the folder background... you either have to restart the computer or end the "explorer" task and re open it. 3 things...

1. Can the next update include resetting the explorer automaticlly?
    2. How about an option to to center, strecth, fill, or tile kinda like the background for windows options.
    3. If you update the software to restart the explorer, how about adding a "apply" or "Set" button?

Thanks for yet ANOTHER usefull program!

Kishan is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison58 View Post
    Ok, so after playing around with this for a little while... After selecting the new image for the folder background... you either have to restart the computer or end the "explorer" task and re open it. 3 things...

1. Can the next update include resetting the explorer automaticlly?
    2. How about an option to to center, strecth, fill, or tile kinda like the background for windows options.
    3. If you update the software to restart the explorer, how about adding a "apply" or "Set" button?

Thanks for yet ANOTHER usefull program!
    1. It restarts explorer automatically the first time you run the tool (if ran as admin). After that it doesn't restart explorer.

2. That will be included in the next version.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Glad you got yours to work. Only problem I see is needs some error handling for registry keys and for the desktop.ini entrys for [aves]. I allready have the registry keys set and have aves bgchanger, when I load yours I get unhandled exception errors creating the registry keys, also instead of editing the string in the desktop.ini for aves, it is just adding another string under it
    First, delete the registry keys you made & unregister the dll of Ave's Background Changer. Then run it as admin & tell me if it works.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kishan View Post
    1. It restarts explorer automatically the first time you run the tool (if ran as admin). After that it doesn't restart explorer.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

First, delete the registry keys you made & unregister the dll of Ave's Background Changer. Then run it as admin & tell me if it works.
    Tried that last night and yes it loads without error but now changes are no longer viewable even after restarting explorer/logging off and back on. Will check it again today and see what's going on with it, also I got my version working too and after I made all the changes mine didn't work either, so it may be another issue and not the program

bamajon197 is offline Beginner

L.W., will your background changer integrate into the windows shell, e.g., right click on a folder and a change background tab appears?

Quote Originally Posted by bamajon197 View Post
    L.W., will your background changer integrate into the windows shell, e.g., right click on a folder and a change background tab appears?
    That is an awesome idea! I'm thinking since its a portable app (doesnt need to be installed) this can't be done. I could be wrong tho. Another idea would be an option to change the color of text. Can't really use any dark backgrounds, and if you do... you can't see the text

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kishan View Post

I re ran the program on a freash install of windows 7 and ran it as admin. I didnt get the error I posted in my other message. But its not restarting the explorer automatically. I need to kill the task in task manager and restart it myself.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast