Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thumbs up RegOwnit released : Feedback and support

Lee has another app which should make the life of those who often make changes in the Windows registry easier.

RegOwnit is a standalone tool that lets take control of a Registry keys using Administrator, HomeUsers or the current Logged On User account.

If you have any feedback to give, its developer Lee will be happy to help you out here.

Soul is offline Beginner

Looks very useful. Runs OK on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 so far. Thanks for your work.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Just a small suggestion to Lee. If possible you could add "Everyone" Group as well because that's something which we used quiet often.And a registry backup option as well.

Great application BTW .. Keep up the good work
    Last edited by Capt.Jack; 9th June 2011 at 15:47.

Nope problem ... Sometime some codes just won't work. I can't test it now since I'm on XP.

J_B_MVP is offline Microsoft MVP

A backup option, I would have said, is a priority. I have reviewed many registry applications over the years and my biggest bone of contention has always been - where is the backup? Through various newsgroups/forum how many times have we heard the remark 'I've used xyz registry application and now I can't boot up my PC?' Did the application create a backup? 'Well it asked me, but I ignored it, is it important?' Just reading that last sentence should encourage anyone who creates applications that can modify the registry to make a backup option default. Personally I don't even think the user should have the choice; any changes should be backed up as a matter of course.

japp is offline Gold Member

Just what I could have use for it some days ago. Thanks

Lee seems like it's not working in XP it just freezes the program. It works fine on Windows 7.

J_B_MVP is offline Microsoft MVP

Lee: I haven't yet had the pleasure of looking at your other applications. Until recently, when Anand asked me to join The Windows Club, my main forum contributions were reserved for the Microsoft Answers Forum. Please bear with me as I get used to The Windows Club forum. I have to get used to the membera and moderators at TWC and, I suppose, everyone has to get used to me too.
    Last edited by J_B_MVP; 10th June 2011 at 14:39. Reason: Punctuation

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I have know John for a long time and I was especially grateful to him for adding my WinVistaClub.com link in one of his websites. It meant a lot to me as I had just started that site - my first attempt at blogging!

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_MVP View Post
    Lee: I haven't yet had the pleasure of looking at your other applications. Until recently, when Anand asked me to join The Windows Club, my main forum contributions were reserved for the Microsoft Answers Forum. Please bear with me as I get used to The Windows Club forum. I have to get used to the membera and moderators at TWC and, I suppose, everyone has to get used to me too.
    John,

We are like a one big family here. I'm sure you'll get used to it pretty soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last